What's new

Best Buy Asus RT-AC1750 B1?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

scjr

Very Senior Member
Is there a difference between the Asus RT-AC66U B1 and the Best Buy version of this router RT-AC1750 B1?

I’m looking to purchase a router. I live in a small condo and this one is going on sale for $79.99 at Best Buy. I’ve been looking at Asus, because reviews seem to be decent.

Are there any other routers folks would recommend me looking at as well? Just a couple of people using WiFi in the home and not looking to spend a ton. Not a pro at this, so go easy. :)

Thank you.

Is there a difference between the Asus RT-AC66U B1 and the Best Buy version of this router RT-AC1750 B1?

... this one is going on sale for $79.99 at Best Buy. I’ve been looking at Asus, because reviews seem to be decent.

Are there any other routers folks would recommend me looking at as well? Just a couple of people using WiFi in the home and not looking to spend a ton. Not a pro at this, so go easy.
Wow! Gr8 Price! I "think" they're the same.

Also Best Buy has their RT-AC1900P on sale for $99.99, just bought one, but if I'd seen the B1 for $79 I would have probably gone that way.

Wow! Gr8 Price! I "think" they're the same.

Also Best Buy has their RT-AC1900P on sale for $99.99, just bought one, but if I'd seen the B1 for $79 I would have probably gone that way.
I was looking at the AC1900P as well. You think that’s worth the extra $20?

Don’t care to spend more, if worth it. Thanks!

I was looking at the AC1900P as well. You think that’s worth the extra $20? Don’t care to spend more, if worth it. Thanks!
Good question. The day I bought my 1900 (at $99) it was a full $30 cheaper than the B1 so my choice was easy. I was thinking the new B1 and the 2900 were squeezing the 1900 out of the market thus the big price drop.

Now with them also dropping the price of the B1 I'm not quite sure what to think other than to make sure it's not the pre-B1 (which is on clearance) you're buying. Other than that I'm thinking I'd go with saving the $20 (because I don't think turbo, whatever, is really going to give you the extra 150 Kbps on the 2.4 GHz band anyway?).

Last edited:
Good question. The day I bought my 1900 (at $99) it was a full $30 cheaper than the B1 so my choice was easy. I was thinking the new B1 and the 2900 was squeezing the 1900 out of the market thus the big price drop.

Now with them also dropping the price of the B1 I'm not quite sure what to think other than to make sure it's not the pre-B1 (which is on clearance) you're buying. Other than that I'm thinking I'd go with saving the $20 (because I don't think turbo, whatever, is really going to give you the extra 150 Kbps on the 2.4 GHz band anyway?).
Thank you for the information. Very helpful.

Do they have similar CPU’s?

Do they have similar CPU’s?
Not sure. I think so, I think I remember reading they were both "dual core". They also use the same version of Merlin (68u) as opposed to 66u that the pre B1 1750 used so I'm thinking they're similar.
I’ve been looking at Asus
Myself, I like the (click ->) Asus line!

Last edited:
Not sure. I think so, I think I remember reading they were both "dual core". They also use the same version of Merlin (68u) as opposed to 66u that the pre B1 1750 used so I'm thinking they're similar.

Myself, I like the Asus line!
I went with the RT-AC1900P. It says 1.4ghz dual core on the box. I took in a very old router, that was just laying around and Best Buy gave me 15% off the $99 sale price. I figured it’s local and if any issues, return is a breeze.

I really appreciate all your information.

Sweet! I didn't know you could get another 15% of for scrapping old equipment. Sounds like you got yourself a great buy!

I'm not setting up my new router until early December so I'm sure I'll be knocking on your door for setup advice ...

I didn’t know about the recycle program either. Saw it pop up when I was moving through their website. Went to service desk with new and old router and they took care of everything.

I’m hoping the setup is easy. I need to call cable company to bridged all-in-one, so I can get rid of the $10 momthy lease fee. I’ll probably set it up next week. Looking forward to better range and performance. All-in-one is pretty bad.

I don't know about regular users, but personally I'm having a hard time keeping track of all those variants Asus is releasing...

I don't know about regular users, but personally I'm having a hard time keeping track of all those variants Asus is releasing...
When doing research, I came across so many variants. It was very confusing and I’m not even close to being a pro at this stuff.

I’ve seen your name reading the forums. You are the famous Merlin! Have a great Thanksgiving!

I’m hoping the setup is easy. I need to call cable company to bridged all-in-one, so I can get rid of the $10 momthy lease fee. I’ll probably set it up next week. Looking forward to better range and performance. All-in-one is pretty bad.
I'm switching from 5 Mbps DSL to 50 Mbps Broadband in Dec so I'll set mine up then, They're going to charge me $5/mo. for the modem but they'll waive $5 because I'll have my own router.

I think you (me? not so much ...) will find setup easy enough (although sometimes it takes a couple tries to get QoS right!).

Last edited:
I'm switching from 5 Mbps DSL to 50 Mbps Broadband in Dec so I'll set up mine then, They're going to charge me $5/mo. for the modem but they'll waive $5 because I'll have my own router.

I think you (me? not so much ...) will find setup easy enough (although sometimes it takes a couple tries to get QoS right!).
Nice jump in speed. I’m currently at 70/6. Supposedly going to 100/12 in future “free upgrade”. We’ll see if that really happens. I’m just a home user, so sure you have more experience than me. :)

I will say, there is tons of experience on this forum. Reading these folks, I’m very impressed how many are so talented.

I will say, there is tons of experience on this forum. Reading these folks, I’m very impressed how many are so talented.
You are right about that ... I've learned a lot here!
Nice jump in speed. I’m currently at 70/6. Supposedly going to 100/12 in future “free upgrade”.
So looking forward to this increase in speed (and being able to stream two TVs at a time : -) and, finally, joining the 21st century.

Things seem expensive around here, $20 for 5 Mbps, $65 for 50 Mbps. Hoping I can save money on phone side by using the extra bandwidth to convert over to VoIP?

Look forward to hearing how your installation goes next week ...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!