What's new

Best router for Behringer X32 digital mixer?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And if doing what sfx2000 suggests doesn't work, did you create new ssid's for both bands?

Figured it out- had Wireless MAC filtering on. Worked for the iPad when I entered it's MAC address, but not the iPhone.

Is using the MAC filter worth it?

Edited to note that without MAC filter on the iPhone finds the 5g just fine.

Figured it out- had Wireless MAC filtering on. Worked for the iPad when I entered it's MAC address, but not the iPhone.

Is using the MAC filter worth it?

Edited to note that without MAC filter on the iPhone finds the 5g just fine.

As sfx2000 has already suggested, using old school jujitsu wifi moves on modern equipment is usually at the expense of the owner's frustration with no benefit at all for actually protecting against anyone from getting into your network.

I still believe hiding SSID's gives a small added benefit(if also using WPA2 and a strong password). It doesn't hurt.

Actually, according to some posts here, it does hurt. Slower WiFi for all. ;)

Actually, according to some posts here, it does hurt. Slower WiFi for all. ;)

I am sure that the difference it makes in speeds is extremely small. I would rather have an added benefit towards security(although small) and loose a little speed.

I am sure that the difference it makes in speeds is extremely small. I would rather have an added benefit towards security(although small) and loose a little speed.

zero benefit to suppressing the SSID - just adds inconvenience when trying to provision new devices...

Then consider yourself lucky.

The real issue is that it doesn't add any extra security, except perhaps a false sense of it.

The 80/20 rule no longer applies to SSIDs. Back in the day, not broadcasting the SSID locked out the casual browsers and script kiddies because wireless tools weren't widely available.

Now they're everywhere and a lot of common hardware/software packages even include site survey apps now. So you're not really keeping anybody in the dark, not even your neighbor's 13-year old.

Never had that problem.

I can't find a post right now, but I'm sure the speed drop wasn't small.

And when you do get a device which cannot associate with your hidden ssid, that will be the slowest of all. ;)

I've used Linux distro's that won't connect to a hidden SSID and I have a Motorola Droid X2 that won't either.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!