What's new

[Beta] AB-Solution 1.08-beta2 is out!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My God, it's full of stars!
mvtv-2001007.gif

Hey @shooter40sw, I have made my decision today to not include the install of pixelserv-tls in AB-Solution.
I wrought hard for days if not for weeks as so many things are to be considered and taken into account to make this work.

I have stated elsewhere that I have done far more then my simple goal: To provide a convenient install mechanism for a hosts based ad-blocking.
Look at the attached screenshot of my latest development version 1.08-rc1.
It's pretty, clean and it works rather well. Just the way I like it.
I'd rather leave it that way for the time being.

By the way, this upcoming version will introduce custom hosts files. Apart from the four existing hosts file types to choose from, you will be able to assemble your own hosts files and use it.
And, of course, use a custom blocking IP for pixelserv-tls users. And much more.

3ceElFj.png
I like the new menu! And I like your decision to not include pixelserv-tls. I'm looking forward to 1.08-rc1 :)

I like the new menu! And I like your decision to not include pixelserv-tls. I'm looking forward to 1.08-rc1
Well, thanks! You're the first one to say so. That makes two of us.
I am at the feature freeze state with 1.08-rc1. All I do now is testing, fixing typing errors and hunting bugs. And test again.

Well, thanks! You're the first one to say so. That makes two of us.
I am at the feature freeze state with 1.08-rc1. All I do now is testing, fixing typing errors and hunting bugs. And test again.
I agree, too! It will be worth the wait.

I agree, too! It will be worth the wait.
Absolutionly!

And to quote myself:
..and hunting bugs and test again:oops:

Dear thelonelycoder
In your signature I see "AB-Solution 2.0". So the next release will be 2.0 and not 1.08? Can't wait for it :)
Haha good catch! I thought someone might notice.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
some more coding and
AB-Solution loves you!

Teaser screenshot below. Not much of it fake!
What you see in the yellow Message box is an older 1.08 installation that now needs to update files, directories and such to the soon-to-be-released version 2.0.
The lower part shows how you can now update AB-Solution to a newer version without the hassle of wget or curl. It can all be done from within the UI.
And it works like a charm!
The "ab-solution.sh: 2.0 --> 2.0.1" and " update-hosts.sh: 1.2 --> 1.3" are the only fake parts of that image.

zrnPMcu.png

Dear thelonelycoder
In your signature I see "AB-Solution 2.0". So the next release will be 2.0 and not 1.08? Can't wait for it :)
My revealing reply is awaiting moderation for some reason :(

Edit: Post is approved, thanks moderators!

Last edited:
Any ETA for this v2.0 ?
No, I don't want a repeat of the 1.08-beta2 rush-it-out-so-they-have-something-to-play-with desaster (to me it is one).
what does this mean?
zrxB5n.png
This would be used for pixelserv-tls, or any other pixelserver variant.
My pixelserv-tls runs on that IP on the router.

This would be used for pixelserv-tls, or any other pixelserver variant.
My pixelserv-tls runs on that IP on the router.

great, i was using pixelserv-tls with ab-solution.....but the big problem is browser cert....every time when was router or PC reboot i got message from kaspersky that cert is self signed....blahhhhh....i am using just ab-solution now.....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!