What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beta 3. no issues

No issues here also, just noticed tho my 2.5g Lan port is now blinking

I restarted my modem this morning and it came back with a different IP address this time. The DDNS update went through straight away as expected.
That's good news, thank you for testing it. It will save me from having to do a manual test setup to reproduce that specific scenario.

That's good news, thank you for testing it. It will save me from having to do a manual test setup to reproduce that specific scenario.
@RMerlin - is it OK for me to leave the "Test" release running until the next official Beta is released?
i.e. Is the DDNS fix the only change from Beta3?

Last edited:
@RMerlin - is it OK for me to leave the "Test" release running until the next official Beta is released?
i.e. Is the DDNS fix the only change from Beta3?
You can keep running this test build, the only change is the DDNS fix, there is no special debugging code in it.

I can also confirm GT-AX6000 has issue with 2.5G LAN LED remaining lit when LEDs are disabled.
But LED is Off if link is down (PC shutdown).

BTW Utilization works well for the GT-AX6000.

And for now (7+ h) my phone POCO F3 (MIUI 14 - Android 13), hasn't dropped from WiFi as it did before (160 MHz enabled). No WiFi settings helped...
All other clients do not drop (AC or AX), including my LapTop AX210 card at full speed.
Just got a GT-AX11000_PRO as my main router. I flashed 388.4_beta3 on it and am using the ROG gui. I have the wifi LEDs lit as well while all 3 radios are disabled. And, yes, I have done a power cycle on the router as well. FYI @RMerlin.
Otherwise the firmware is running as expected. Cheers
W

I switched my GT-AX6000 main/AP combo from 3.0.0.6.102.21514 to 3004.388.4_beta3 this morning. No factory reset. Except for a bit of minor reconfig to my OVPN client settings, everything works. OVPN definitely working better with 388.4 than with the 3006 firmware. And I like having the NTP server back. And I am so happy to be not using the ROG interface. Its so annoying.

My 5Ghz does not stay on channel 36.
After a reboot, my 5Ghz is always on channel 161, although I manually set it to 36.
Why?
Also, for extended channel, I cannot set "above" or "below". I have only "automatic" as an option.

Edit: Found the error, I forgot I had tinkered with init-start script.

I've seen this when 160 wide channels is configured and there is DFS interference. You may need to use 80 wide.

Apologies if this isnt the best thread for this, but I have an RT-AX86S (which as I understand it, shares firmware with the U version). The day I bought it I had no issues installing Merlin on it (previously I did the same with an AC-56S). However, I'm never been able to install any subsequent updates so I'm stuck on 386.5_2. Every version (including this beta) I've tried since then gives the "upgrade unsuccessful, possibly for the wrong model" error.
I've checked multiple times to ensure I have the right file, have rebooted, and this evening did a factory reset but I still get the same issue.

I know that doesnt give much to go on, so if theres any log files I can check, please let me know. I've tried Chrome and Edge (maybe not the best test since they're basically the same) and I'm uploading from Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Apologies if this isnt the best thread for this, but I have an RT-AX86S (which as I understand it, shares firmware with the U version). The day I bought it I had no issues installing Merlin on it (previously I did the same with an AC-56S). However, I'm never been able to install any subsequent updates so I'm stuck on 386.5_2. Every version (including this beta) I've tried since then gives the "upgrade unsuccessful, possibly for the wrong model" error.
I've checked multiple times to ensure I have the right file, have rebooted, and this evening did a factory reset but I still get the same issue.

I know that doesnt give much to go on, so if theres any log files I can check, please let me know. I've tried Chrome and Edge (maybe not the best test since they're basically the same) and I'm uploading from Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Some suggestions:

- Disconnect any USB storage media.
- Reboot the router before attempting to upgrade.
- Are you installing from a computer connected to the router via wifi or via ethernet? If its the former, grab an ethernet cable and try again.

Some suggestions:

- Disconnect any USB storage media.
- Reboot the router before attempting to upgrade.
- Are you installing from a computer connected to the router via wifi or via ethernet? If its the former, grab an ethernet cable and try again.
Clear Browser Cache(s), Windows.
While router is on, pull the power barrel plug end out, wait 60 seconds then put the plug back.

I just noticed this impossible combination in WiFi 5GHz options that shouldn't exist!
AX only, but you can disable AX mode?? 🤔
Just had to try it out, this one; and sure enough while trying to connect it confused my AX phone to the point its own WiFi crashed and restarted (after trying to connect as AC, but since it is AX only...). 😁

Surely nothing to to with merlin or this beta, but an ASUS part mishap? 😅

Does anyone else's router model allow this unholy combination - just curious...?

1.png
2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.