What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone experienced problems with mimo? It might have to do with my wireless driver but as of now i cant see the mimo flag in wireless log whereas i was able to see it in the past. Also it seems i have general wifi stability issues but that seems general problem with this gpl.

Also did i missed something or was WTFast removed from merlin because everytime i try to connect i get a :" * Server does not response. " error message.

Last thing which i saw with latest chrome browser is
logoslxsrh.png

Anyone experienced problems with mimo? It might have to do with my wireless driver but as of now i cant see the mimo flag in wireless log whereas i was able to see it in the past. Also it seems i have general wifi stability issues but that seems general problem with this gpl.

MIMO and MU-MIMO aren't the same thing.

Also did i missed something or was WTFast removed from merlin because everytime i try to connect i get a :" * Server does not response. " error message.

There's been no change on my end.

Last thing which i saw with latest chrome browser is
logoslxsrh.png

It's a bug caused by how Chrome handles zooming in recent Chrome releases. Set text zoom back to 100% to fix it.

I think the Chrome devs need to take a step back and look at what made Chrome so great in its first few years. Because what they have been doing for the past year or so is starting to repeat the same mistakes Mozilla did with Firefox at some point (and which led to a shift of the userbase to Chrome).

Google are lucky that Microsoft seems to be going nowhere with Edge so far.

I had the same problem on rt5300 after installing the latest beta. I would loose only the 2.4 ghz band and when I looked the channel had been set to zero. I finally solved my problem by completely powering down the router (took out the power supply) and then after plugging back in, my router has been great for the past 4 days.
Likewise on an RT3200 I had the same issue last night for, AFAIK, the first time whilst using 380.61. Nothing could connect to 2.4GHz and there were some strange readings in the diagnostics screens - noise level 0dB and a few devices appearing then immediately disappearing. I should have made more effort to capture the output but it was late and I was tired. ;)

The only trigger I can think of is I've done a lot of messing about with the wifi settings (smart connect, and different tweaks) which mean that I was cycling the WiFi interfaces a lot but not powering down or fully restarting the router, which isn't something I normally do.

Anyway, updated to 380.62 Beta 1 and so far glad I did, everything seems very good. Not sure that this 'fixed' the original issue, just fancied trying out the beta which "feels" faster although that may be entirely psychological. :)

Likewise on an RT3200 I had the same issue last night for, AFAIK, the first time whilst using 380.61. Nothing could connect to 2.4GHz and there were some strange readings in the diagnostics screens - noise level 0dB and a few devices appearing then immediately disappearing. I should have made more effort to capture the output but it was late and I was tired. ;)

The only trigger I can think of is I've done a lot of messing about with the wifi settings (smart connect, and different tweaks) which mean that I was cycling the WiFi interfaces a lot but not powering down or fully restarting the router, which isn't something I normally do.

Anyway, updated to 380.62 Beta 1 and so far glad I did, everything seems very good. Not sure that this 'fixed' the original issue, just fancied trying out the beta which "feels" faster although that may be entirely psychological. :)
Just to confirm the beta hasn't fixed this. I assume of course that this is likely a closed source issue with the wireless drivers, but if there's anything I can do to help diagnose @RMerlin then please let me know.

I'm going to try the complete power down option now.

Microsoft is creating a lot of frigging problems with these stupid version updates. I had three customers requiring support over the past two weeks because the 1607 update REVERTED some existing settings!

1 customer could no longer open Autocad, as .NET 3.5 had been magically uninstalled by the 16.07 upgrade
1 customer could no longer access a shared printer and folder because 1607 reverted the sharing access configuration done on that PC (it's a very small LAN, so password protection was disabled since there's nothing that needs securing on that PC)
1 customer lost her Outlook, had to execute a Microsoft Office repair to reinstall Outlook

Add to that that my Windows 10 desktop recently decided to randomly reboot itself at 1 am to install updates while I was remotely doing development on my VM, because their inactivity mechanism is too stupid to realize that there might be user activity NOT AT THE KEYBOARD. Result: two hours of work lost as it corrupted my Git repo within my VM. Had to recover the disk image I had taken at supper time, and lose a lot of the work done during that night.

Microsoft's track record with Windows 10 so far is turning into a train wreck. Once again, clueless engineers making decisions without even spending 5 minutes to consider the IMPACT of their decisions upon regular users.

So my guess is that your problem is the same that this customer of mine suffered, if you had disabled password-based authentication on that computer.

(and sorry for the rant, but at this point, I'm getting seriously pissed off at Microsoft's lunacy, and the past week at work made it even worse. Microsoft has been out of touch with their customer base for years, and Windows 10 did little to fix that - the Feedback Hub is a lot of smoke.)
Not to mention Windows 10 stupidity with OpenVPN. Make sure you set 'push block-outside-dns' in your configs otherwise Windows 10 clients will still use local DNS settings causing a DNS leak.

I loose Entware after rebooting my 87U. Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs is enabled. Cannot run DNSCrypt because of this.

After reading this thread I thought "Let's have a look" and yup: 2.4 GHz gone again.

Yesterday I did a reboot. Today I will do a shutdown instead.

I loose Entware after rebooting my 87U. Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs is enabled. Cannot run DNSCrypt because of this.

Double check that your post-mount is configured correctly. If you're using Ab-solution2 it might have nuked the start-up of entware.

I am trying to get my NamesCheap.com DDNS going. I have been using it for a while until this version. I then tried Asus and nothing there. It says it is applying and just goes back to the same screen and to the default of the asus DDNS server no matter what i pick.

Final release is now available - thanks to everyone that provided feedback during this beta test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!