What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin

Just upgraded from the latest stable version to beta 3 on the AC-88U. Ever since then, wifi calling is no longer working (WLAN-Call bei der deutschen Telekom). Any idea why that might be? I've already restarted the router but without success.

@RMerlin

Just upgraded from the latest stable version to beta 3 on the AC-88U. Ever since then, wifi calling is no longer working (WLAN-Call bei der deutschen Telekom). Any idea why that might be? I've already restarted the router but without success.
Just verified with Vodafone NL... You're right, doesn't work any MORE on AC68 as well.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

GMAC3 is what is giving us this little gem in the router's init code:

Code:
        switch(get_model()) {
                case MODEL_RTAC87U:
                case MODEL_RTAC5300:
                case MODEL_RTAC5300R:
                case MODEL_RTAC88U:
                        nvram_set("et2mdcport", cfe_nvram_get("et1mdcport"));
                        nvram_set("et2phyaddr", cfe_nvram_get("et1phyaddr"));
                        nvram_set("et2macaddr", cfe_nvram_get("et1macaddr"));

nvram_set("et1macaddr", "00:00:00:00:00:00");

nvram_set("et0macaddr", "00:00:00:00:00:00");
                        nvram_set("et0mdcport", cfe_nvram_get("et1mdcport"));
                        nvram_set("et0phyaddr", cfe_nvram_get("et1phyaddr"));
What the hell........ Doesn't even make sense........
So mac 2 is set to 1, then 1 is set to 00, then 0 is set to 00
So is et2macaddr now the representation of what the mac is? Then they just fudge et0 and et1 to 00 afterwards?

Appears too lazy to actually correct the implementation, but more just slapping a fix on top of already existing code, then just pulling what they want and re-writing as they go. Basically like creating a new working env off of already created env variables. (not towards you)

Last edited:
@RMerlin

Why not try the beta 4 mentioned in earlier post.

I uploaded a few Beta 4 test builds (only some models for now) to the Test Builds folder on Mediafire where I reverted the GPL 4180 merge, except for the webui and httpd code.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bj94sbhrh7e49/Test_Builds

Can you test it to see if resolves the printer issues? I don't have any device affected by this issue so I can't test anything, and I can't see any visible code change to explain it, so the issue must lie either in the drivers, or the other closed-source portions of the code.

It's the only thing I can try at this point. If it doesn't work, then you will have to wait for Asus to issue newer GPL code that resolves the issue (which could take a while, China is currently celebrating the lunar new year).

I just uploaded this build, and as I expected it resolves the scanner issues I experienced. I did not even have to reboot the router once I uploaded it. Many thanks! Now the question is, will ASUS ever fix the underlying code?

Brad

@RMerlin

Wifi calling with Swisscom works for me on beta 3 on an RT-AC3200.

Please note that Wifi calling on the iPhone only activates itself when the 4G signal is low enough. You may have to force it by entering airplane mode, then re-enabling Wifi.

Ac68u

Now this is odd latest beta and ppoe suddenly starts saying i have the wrong account or password.

Hasn't 't changed in years so that kind of unlikely ;)

Not to mention it was blocking me from claiming my plex server which is very odd.

Beta 4 working well on AC66U B1

I have been running beta 4 on my ac3100 for an hour and no airprint issues and the client list is stable. 4180 definitely has some issues on the flagship routers.

what does this mean?
Code:
Jan 30 19:35:32 kernel: br0: port 1(vlan1) received tcn bpdu
Jan 30 19:35:32 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Jan 30 19:35:37 kernel: br0: port 1(vlan1) received tcn bpdu
Jan 30 19:35:37 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating

I just uploaded this build, and as I expected it resolves the scanner issues I experienced. I did not even have to reboot the router once I uploaded it. Many thanks! Now the question is, will ASUS ever fix the underlying code?

Brad

Yup...installed beta 4 on RT-AC88U and no discovery issues with my HP printer/scanner.

what does this mean?
Code:
Jan 30 19:35:32 kernel: br0: port 1(vlan1) received tcn bpdu
Jan 30 19:35:32 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Jan 30 19:35:37 kernel: br0: port 1(vlan1) received tcn bpdu
Jan 30 19:35:37 kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
You enabled STP (Spanning-Tree Protocol) without a need!

Why no beta 4 for 5300? I have the same problems with scanners and 2.4 band.
My guess (just a guess) is Merlin is trying to see if this would even help the reported issue first. Patience grasshopper. :)

Last edited:
Rt ac88u, every day I need to unplug the router, unplug the VM coax cable from the ISP router & leave alone for 10mins.

Works good for 23 hours, then back to nothing working again.

In a home with ALOT of smart devices....that's a problem.

Just awaiting router to boot up again then will try BETA 3 in the hope this solves the issue.

Toon

Rt ac88u, every day I need to unplug the router, unplug the VM coax cable from the ISP router & leave alone for 10mins.

Works good for 23 hours, then back to nothing working again.

In a home with ALOT of smart devices....that's a problem.

Just awaiting router to boot up again then will try BETA 3 in the hope this solves the issue.

Toon

Go straight to Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!