What's new

Bridge mode and VoIP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ffddoo

New Around Here
Hi!

I have a technicolor TC7230 and I would like to put it in bridge mode with a broadban router behind it, but I'm having phone through VoIP by my ISP. At first I thought that if I put the modem in bridge mode VoIP will stop working but reading different things on the net I'm not so sure. It's possible for a VoIP router to continue working VoIP while in bridge mode?

regards

hi ffddoo and welcome

so first what type of internet do you have ? adsl . vdsl , fiber , other

in most cases bridging the voip modem will kill the voip

i assume you have no other choice but to use voip and you dont have pstn type copper voice line

before i can help further i need to know what internet type you have and what country and if your isp is providing the voip or is it a separate provider

pete

I have HFC. It's Spain. ONO-Vodafone
My ISP gives me phone through a VoIP connection in the router.
The router firmware is made by vodafone and let very little to configure, so i would like to put it in bridge mode and use a router behind. In the last upgrade in the router has appeared (before it wasn't) the option to switch it to bridge mode.
Te ISP does not give their client any configuration parameters.

regards

ok so your just out of luck as if you bridge you kill the voip

however you can prob just put the ip address of your wireless router in the TC7230 dmz and connect everything to the wireless router

isnt perfect but should be ok