What's new

Cannot connect to Wireguard VPN Server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brenneke

Regular Contributor
I have set a Wireguard server on RT-AX88U following Asus guide.
I can connect with my Android phone using official Wireguard app but I cannot access Asus on home network.
My RT-AX88U is behind ISP modem in bridge mode and has a public IP with DDNS registered.
Please help me solve this, can provide any additional details as required.

Last edited:
I can connect with my Android phone using official Wireguard app but I cannot access Asus on home network.
I don't understanding this. Test wireguard when you are not connected to home wifi.

When connected over Wireguard, can you access router gui by entering it's ip address (192.168.50.1?) In the address field?

In the Android app, if you click the peer you should get more info. Do you see both Rx and Tx data?

Last edited:
I have no cell service at home, have home wifi only to test with, will test on mobile today when I travel out.

Router GUI access is 192.168.100.1.

Android app peer shows Rx at 0 and Tx stops at 296.

Do I need to also add a firewall rule?

I have no cell service at home, have home wifi only to test with, will test on mobile today when I travel out.
Ok. Other uses have reporter vpn does not work within own wifi. I believe it's due to nat loopback. It's not a bug, its just the way it is.

Android app peer shows Rx at 0 and Tx stops at 296.
That would be a sign of that you are not actually connected as you transmit data and none is received.

Test from outside your home wifi whenever you get a chance. Hopefully it's working then.

That was the problem, once out in the real world it connected and gave me internet access on my home IP.
Thank you so much!

What do I have to do now to get remote access to my router GUI?
(connection refused now)