What's new

Can't get bridge to connect to TP-Link TL-WDR3500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sealrock

New Around Here
I have a Linksys WRT54G setup as a wireless bridge using Tomato firmware. It's been working fine for months with my AT&T-supplied 2Wire router.

I'm trying to upgrade my network and have set up a new TP-Link TL-WDR3500 N600 router as an access point. It is working fine with all my other endpoints (mostly phones) and now I want it to work with the bridge as well. I have entered the new SSID and security info in Tomato, put everything on a fixed channel etc., but it doesn't work.

Tomato shows the connection with better signal strength than before, but unless I have an ethernet cable hooked up I can't ping the WRT54G. The last time I went through this I had to enable multicast in Tomato (thanks SNB) but now it is enabled and the bridge still doesn't work. Is there some setting on the AP I need to enable to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!