What's new

Can't get DS218Play to download update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stardust

Regular Contributor
Hey al

I got a DS218Play and for some time when i try to update, I get the message: Connection failed. Please check your Internet connection.

Can it be a setting on my AX86U with Merlins's 388.2_2 that is blocking?
I can upgrade manually download to my laptop and install from that. (Linux Mint 21.1 at that point of time)

Any suggestion?

regards

John

Does the update process work on another network?

Don't know. I have a standalone router. Could without problems download and install DSM 7.2 and thereafter upgrade packages from my laptop.

I had a similar issue a couple of days ago. I tried to check for updates for a DS918+ and a DS216play, both running DSM7.2.64570 Update 1

Finally I downloaded from Synology the update DSM7.2.64570 Update 2 and I did a manual update for both units without any problem

https://www.synology.com/es-es/support/download/DS918+?version=7.2#system

Yesterday I tried to look for new updates and the problem was solved … so I don’t know if it was a temporary download server problem from the part of Synology or a bug from the previous DSM update. Because both devices were located at different locations and different ISP too.

@figorr Good for you, I still have the same problem, I wonder why. Earlier no problems updating..

Are you running Unbound? Since some months ago … every time I need to update Home Assistant I have to stop Unbound first and then I update Home Assistant. Otherwise … there are some integrations that failed during the update because some components cannot been downloaded.

No Unbound. Could be those integrations you mentioned.