What's new

Cisco RV340 Router Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
I received my Cisco RV340 router by FedEx today.

I went to setup my RV340 router realized there was no way to turn off DHCP server and change the IP of the router. What gives I need these capabilities to work with my Cisco layer 3 switch since my switch handles DHCP. Is Cisco now forcing people to use 192.168.1.0 network? Well it turns out you need to upgrade the firmware to gain these capabilities. I upgraded the Rv340 firmware to 1.0.01.18 and they magically appeared. So upgrade your RV340 router before you do anything. I was able to turn off DHCP server and assign an IPv4 with a 30 bit mask. I created route statements for my layer 3 switch networks. I then added my DNS lock down ACLs. All done and ready to install.

I like the new ACLs in the RV340 router vs the old RV320 router. They are more sophisticated. And they don't seem to have any impact on speed. The router does not all of a sudden run at half speed. I like it.

The menu system seems a little faster which is a plus over the RV320 router.

The router change out from the RV320 to the RV340 was simple. I pulled the RV320 and replaced with RV340 router. Rebooted my Arris SB8200 modem with the new RV340 router and I was online.

Wi-Fi calling works just as well on the RV340 as on the old RV320 so no problems there.

Speed the RV340 seems just as fast as the RV320 maybe a tad faster. The RV320 router always painted web pages fast on my network. I wish I could get a gig internet connection. Then I really could figure out what works well.

This is what I wanted something simple to change and setup with no problems.

------------------
Future plans is to play with certificates and licensing on the RV340 router. I will post back.