What's new

[CLOSED] Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrs and why ??

Sometimes my portforward stop working in my RT-AC68U.
I can then always find mezz below,
found loads of "RT-AC87_threads" about that and NAT-loopback.
am I alone on RT-AC68U with portforward problem ???
Code:
Jan 30 02:00:19 rc_service: rc 2163:notify_rc restart_wrs
[Apply] on Advanced_VirtualServer_Content.asp helps
Code:
Jan 30 04:26:10 rc_service: httpd 847:notify_rc restart_firewall
Have tried again clean reflash and restore factory defaults and nvram-utility thereafter, but didn't help.

It works, but for wifi mac filter list, make sure wl1 and wl2 are same from nvram. As they are combined now, but still copying to 2 nvram variables.

Actually, now there are 3 nvram variables containing the maclist. Guessing that they went to a common set of maclist data to simplify support for the AC3200 tri-band.

Note to Merlin....I'm sure you already saw, there's now a wl2 prefix in addition to wl0/wl1

Actually, now there are 3 nvram variables containing the maclist. Guessing that they went to a common set of maclist data to simplify support for the AC3200 tri-band.

Note to Merlin....I'm sure you already saw, there's now a wl2 prefix in addition to wl0/wl1

Yep, that'd be for the second 5 GHz band (which mounts as eth3).

This beta didn't work out good for me, reverted back to the latest stable merlin FW but now it says JFFS Unmounted...

can this do harm is this needed?

and if it's needed how can i enable it again?

Edit, settings :p

However i have a HP notebook with a broadcom wificard that didn't get internet working on this beta FW, any thoughts about it?

Last edited:
i tried to roll back to the latest Asus FW but this didn't work, i get stuck with merlin's FW how can i fix this?

i tried to roll back to the latest Asus FW but this didn't work, i get stuck with merlin's FW how can i fix this?

Try going to Asus 376.3626 first and then to the latest 378.xxxx.

The days when you could use one SSID for all bands and restrict acess/allow for multiband clients by MAC, are gone right ? :D

great idea, accessing router via both name and IP address

A little more test about smb:

-Acceding directly thought domain name (browsing on explorer), ...max dialect request to the server (RT-AC56U) was NT LM 0.12 (smb 1.5),...Acceding thought IP directly to the server, PC send another dialect request, this time correctly and fully: SMB 2002, SMB2.???
OK, that was a pretty brilliant thing to try, did not think of this. Will explore and report.

...OK, am still seeing an SMB dialect of 1.5 in Windows Powershell, even if connection is made using IP address notation instead of \\servername\... notation. Thanks Theliel and RMerling for your help, will continue thinking about this.

Last edited:
perhaps 5ghz settings are slightly more important for some clients

My EdiMax 7822uac super cheap 5ghz WiFi adapter would not see the out-of-the-box Merlin beta _50's five gigahertz band, AC68u to Windows 8.1 client.

Changed the 5ghz control channel to 161 (here in the United States) from Auto, and changed the Wireless type from Auto to N/AC only, and everything works perfect. This does not bother me in the slightest, setting things to N/AC only, because am certainly not interested in supporting pre-N five gigahertz clients.

Have no desire for the 5 ghz firmware to change, nor have any desire for RMerlin to think about this for more than 1000 milliseconds. Way too many variables to be worth reacting to. This post is more in the vein of being simply informative.

Last edited:
Okay, decided to try it again to check to see if disabling CTF allowed me to keep using IPv6, as mentioned by another poster. Since my download speed is so bad, I wouldn't miss CTF at all, and thought it was worth a try.

Not sure what happened differently this time. The only thing that I did differently was to flash the router twice before resetting, just to see if that made a difference. Well, that may or may not be it, but things seem much better at the base level now, long after I would have lost IPv6 on my system on the previous try. I even used the same saved configuration settings file, so what I experienced was not a settings problem.

Weird, but I'm happy with the result. No slowdown using IPv6, and no quick loss of IPv6 connectivity.

Enjoying the new release and new features, by the way, thanks for that. Things may yet go south, but it doesn't feel like it. Looking and feeling much better.

After about a day or so, IPv6 again started having the same problem, losing IPv6 access on my computer fairly quickly after a reboot of the computer, and slowness on the internet. Nothing of interest in the system or IPv6 log.

Switched to 374.43_2-07j9527 and everything is working well again. I think that I'll catch this firmware again when it becomes an official release and see how it looks *smile*.

Anyone successful in mounting CIFS shares with the beta firmware? I'm getting the error "Cannot allocate memory" from the mount command when trying to mount CIFS share.

Noticing a small bug on the live traffic monitor. I seem to often get fake spikes of high bandwidth but in reality when I look at the history for traffic, nothing is recorded. See the screenshot.

PS: I wish I had and upload (or download) rate of 2100000 KB/s. I have to live with 1.5 MB

RT-N66U uptime about 36 hours.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    37 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
For the second time this week my Philips Fidelio (AirPlay) speakers were unable to connect to the wireless network provided by my RT-AC66U.

When I checked with my iOS devices I saw that only the 5 GHz network was available (I use different SSID's for the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands; the speakers can only use 2.4 GHz).

After a reboot of the router the 2.4 GHz network/SSID returned and the speakers were able to connect.

Any idea why the router stops broadcasting the 2.4 GHz network/SSID after some time? (I have never experienced that with previous builds)

I went by my 2nd 68u for bootloader version but I never checked the original one, either way it is up to date so it may be worth pointing out that running the latest asus > factory reset > 50 beta would be the better roadmap to reduce issues for now if you cannot troubleshoot the updater.

Another with AC68 bootloader update problem. Above procedure worked for me too. Thanks.

Apart from that, everything works great! Finally, Scheduled disk scan is working too.

Last edited:
34 pages in one week for this beta o_O

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll be starting a new thread for beta 2 in a few minutes, since having people browse through all 34 pages to find out about things specific to the new beta would be problematic.

Locking this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.