What's new

Connecting Asus router to another Asus router as vpn server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wannabietechie

New Around Here
I have an Asus router sitting in a different location, I'll call this the 1st router. I have setup the vpn server of that router and I am able to actually connect to that router from another location using my computer and doing so, the ip address of my computer shows up as the ip address of the router in the other location.

I am trying to connect some devices e.g. apple tv in my current location that are unable to connect like my computer does to the 1st router.

So, I want to purchase a 2nd asus router and I am trying to figure out: 1) what additional setup I need to make on the 1st router (e.g. setup vpn client) https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1011232 See link, I am not sure what to put under vpn server, username and password for example 2) what information I need to setup on the 2nd asus router.

I plan on connecting my other devices e.g. appletv directly to this 2nd router which is sitting in a different location from the 1st router.

Your assistance will be much appreciated. the first router is asus rt-ac68u and I wanted to get the same for the 2nd router but if you have other suggestions do let me know.

Thank you.

I have an Asus router sitting in a different location, I'll call this the 1st router. I have setup the vpn server of that router and I am able to actually connect to that router from another location using my computer and doing so, the ip address of my computer shows up as the ip address of the router in the other location.

I am trying to connect some devices e.g. apple tv in my current location that are unable to connect like my computer does to the 1st router.

So, I want to purchase a 2nd asus router and I am trying to figure out: 1) what additional setup I need to make on the 1st router (e.g. setup vpn client) https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1011232 See link, I am not sure what to put under vpn server, username and password for example 2) what information I need to setup on the 2nd asus router.

I plan on connecting my other devices e.g. appletv directly to this 2nd router which is sitting in a different location from the 1st router.

Your assistance will be much appreciated. the first router is asus rt-ac68u and I wanted to get the same for the 2nd router but if you have other suggestions do let me know.

Thank you.
Can you clarify where the second router will be? are they both in the same building? are they connected with Network cable or wi fi?
Is the second router on another modem or in another building? please be specific