What's new

DDNS - Redirect to webadmin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ArmyManNB

New Around Here
I have a problem when I use my ddns name it automatically redirects to the web admin.

Is there any way to stop that?

I have a problem when I use my ddns name it automatically redirects to the web admin.

Is there any way to stop that?

This is perfectly normal. Your DDNS resolves to your WAN IP. So if you point a web browser at that IP, your router's web server will be the one responding to your web browser, since that IP is configured on that router.

What else are you expecting to see when accessing your DDNS with a web browser?

This is perfectly normal. Your DDNS resolves to your WAN IP. So if you point a web browser at that IP, your router's web server will be the one responding to your web browser, since that IP is configured on that router.

What else are you expecting to see when accessing your DDNS with a web browser?

I would expect a site not found. I've used other routers ie padavan's on a Asus rt-56u and that is how it behaves.

Thank you for the quick reply :)

I have a problem when I use my ddns name it automatically redirects to the web admin.....

Assuming you are genuinely on the WAN eg logging in from a remote computer not connected to the LAN by wireless, or else logging in using 3G (ie not using your DDNS name from your LAN), then I suspect what you are looking for is : Admin>System>"Enable web access from WAN" ensure set to "No". Otherwise, as Merlin says, you're getting exactly what you'd want to see: web access to the router.