What's new

Did I set up a Kill Switch on AsusWRT Merlin software correctly?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

matthewwashere

New Around Here
First of all, thank you so much for taking a moment to read this and help set me at ease and perhaps reassure me or even let me know if I did something wrong here, I really do appreciate it a lot

I followed tutorials in here as best I could and it seems I have the VPN set up securely and it's functioning well.

The only thing I'm not absolutely certain on is if my kill switch feature is enabled properly and I'm not sure how to test it to make sure it is. Idk how I'd make the VPN go down just to test my kill switch and I can't wait for it to naturally happen haha

When I type "192.168.1.1" that allows me to access my router configuration settings, so that's my entire network address right? If the VPN goes down, I want nothing to have access. I don't want to pick and choose individual devices to not have access, I want nothing to have access. So I used that as the ''source IP''.

Does everything look correct in the screen shot I provided?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 883
First of all, thank you so much for taking a moment to read this and help set me at ease and perhaps reassure me or even let me know if I did something wrong here, I really do appreciate it a lot

I followed tutorials in here as best I could and it seems I have the VPN set up securely and it's functioning well.

The only thing I'm not absolutely certain on is if my kill switch feature is enabled properly and I'm not sure how to test it to make sure it is. Idk how I'd make the VPN go down just to test my kill switch and I can't wait for it to naturally happen haha

When I type "192.168.1.1" that allows me to access my router configuration settings, so that's my entire network address right? If the VPN goes down, I want nothing to have access. I don't want to pick and choose individual devices to not have access, I want nothing to have access. So I used that as the ''source IP''.

Does everything look correct in the screen shot I provided?

with source ip 192.168.1.1 you are blocking your router try
192.168.1.0/24 to VPN thats blocking all clients and
192.168.1.1 to WAN preventing some other possible problems

upload_2018-6-23_21-50-59.png

Last edited: