What's new

Diversion Diversion 5.1.3 - the Router Ad-Blocker, May 09, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just updated diversity to 5.0 version, added https://big.oisd.nl/dnsmasq2 and https://nsfw.oisd.nl/dnsmasq2 to blocking list, launched Dnsmasq log and see these lines almost constantly scrolling:
192.168.1.116 is Panasonic OLED TV currently turned off, that has never even had the Netflix app running. I think I will ask Panasonic support what the hell they are doing :)
View attachment 55454
I experienced the same due to an NVidia Shield. Constantly phoning home despite an apparent "sleep/suspend" state.

Since Diversion is running on dnsmasq now - would it be possible to use it to enforce safe search (e.g. something like this), specifically for one of the blocking lists? I'd like to enforce safe search on the main list, but not on the alternative one. How to do that so it'd not get overwritten with every update of the blocking lists?

Since Diversion is running on dnsmasq now - would it be possible to use it to enforce safe search (e.g. something like this), specifically for one of the blocking lists? I'd like to enforce safe search on the main list, but not on the alternative one. How to do that so it'd not get overwritten with every update of the blocking lists?
Diversion always used Dnsmasq. I just changed the format.
So the possibility was always there. I just did not bother following up on that.
Can parental control do that? Maybe.

A list here that says it prevents the use of search engines that don’t have safe search.

So, I like @Treadler idea of adding lists that prevent use of search engines that do not have safesearch options, but only if Diversion itself integrates an enforce safe search feature. The prevent non-safe search lists would only become active when the users enables the official Diversion "Enforce Safe Search" option. That is only if @thelonelycoder sees enough desire to want to incorporate such a feature in his magnificent work of coding art.

Last edited:
just upgraded! working very well...is there a way to see which hosts are going to which websites, by name and not ip?

just upgraded! working very well...is there a way to see which hosts are going to which websites, by name and not ip?
You have to rephrase that question. I don't understand what you mean.

A Diversion update is available, no version change.

What's new
- Replaces pgl.yoyo.org URL in hostslist(s) if incorrect and will force a blocking list update. This URL error was introduced on release of Diversion 5.0 for the Minimal and Small preset blocking list option.
- The f follow Dnsmasq log option now only shows blocked domains in red if they are blocked by the blockingfile.

As always, the update routine will fix what's wrong, no further action necessary by users.
Oh, and there's more to come. A script-load more :cool:
(Some will get the hint, I hope)

When I clicked See predefined types at diversion.ch I got directed to https://diversion.ch/diversion/use/blocking-file-hosts-files.html which will need to be updated.

1705807507881.png

With Diversion 5.0, i continue seeing Ads on youtube on my PC ? with the version 4.3.3 i didn't see Ads

am using custom liste

Read the release notes. YouTube ad blocking has been removed from Diversion with the v5.0 rewrite -- it never consistently worked.
Yea, I think I am having the same problem as well. In the old version, I was able to block youtube ads pretty well. Now I see Youtube ads every single time.

It cannot really be a problem when the new version clearly says the experimental YouTube ads blocking have been removed in the new version.
Okay, new experimental feature then. It is a new experimental feature to endure YouTube ads all the time? Okay, the experiment is over. Now we go back to No youtube ads.

Okay, new experimental feature then. It is a new experimental feature to endure YouTube ads all the time? Okay, the experiment is over. Now we go back to No youtube ads.
Connect VPN to Albania's server/ip. It is illegal for Youtube to show ads there. Have fun.

If you have compatible devices (mostly Android), you can give a try to SmartTube (SmartTube (old name SmartTubeNext)).
It really works very well.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!