What's new

DNSFilter "No Filtering" not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sure, I was imaging you parsing the dhcp_staticlist nvram variable and adding iptables rules for those clients if DNSFilter mode is set to Router and no other client-specific DNSFilter rules are defined. Just an idea, but I haven't even seen the new feature yet.

A bit messy since you'd have settings scattered over two separate pages, so it would require some proper planning before something similar got implemented. Like possibly just a toggle switch on the DNSFilter page to enforce the dhcp_clientlist parameter.

I haven't given any real thought yet to how to enhance this new feature since it's too recent.

are changes made in DNSfiltering supposed to be instantaneous? I am finding its taking up to 30 mins for a specific clients DNS to fix in. I have been toggling my phone between no filtering and custom 1, which is Open DNS .

are changes made in DNSfiltering supposed to be instantaneous? I am finding its taking up to 30 mins for a specific clients DNS to fix in. I have been toggling my phone between no filtering and custom 1, which is Open DNS .
Yes. But clients have their own local DNS cache, in the operating system and the browser, so it can take a while for those entries to expire. Most DNS entries expire within 5 minutes but that's dependent on what the owner of the domain has set for the TTL.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!