What's new

Do Traffic Monitor logs need to be saved on USB or can i save them to WIndows

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JonL23

New Around Here
The monitor seems to keep losing data i can't check Dec 15th i guess i reseted the router and it was wiped, now my router thinks its the 17th (must have wrong time zone) but i was playing wround with settings and the 16th is gone, how can i save the logs to my PC https://i.imgur.com/B2L667t.png

You can only save the data to a USB drive attached to the router. You can also create a "network share" of the same USB drive so you can access it from a Windows PC. But the data file is not in a human-readable format so it's only of use to the router.

You can only save the data to a USB drive attached to the router. You can also create a "network share" of the same USB drive so you can access it from a Windows PC. But the data file is not in a human-readable format so it's only of use to the router.
i see, so once i plug in the USB what would i do next, im guessing i have to mount it somehow, do i use putty or something?

When you plug in a USB drive the router will automatically mount it and it will appear in the various menu options.

Try it. It will become obvious.

Tip: Use the router's menus to create folders as required. Don't create them on a PC beforehand as this can sometimes lead to problems with permissions and the like.

OK, i ask because im new also i don't have a USB stick atm to try. thanks
No problem. This is the kind of thing you'll see when you have a USB drive plugged in and go to select a location:
Untitled.png