What's new

Downloading Merlin updates

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alternety

Regular Contributor
I tried this question once and achieved only ridicule.

I will try again. I just do not know how to deal with this. I am unable to make a download work. I am clearly not understanding something. I used to get firmware downloads without a problem.

I have tried and tried to download the current firmware from Source Forge. I created a Source Forge account. Still nothing.

Source Forge downloads do not translate to downloads to a specified destination. If they are doing something, I have no idea where they might be putting the download. Most downloads with my Win 10 system will offer to allow a download location for the downloaded file. SF - nothing. I have gone through my files repeatedly trying to find a download destination. The download does not allow specifying a destination folder; if it is actually working. This is the only site I have these problems with.

Could someone actually try to assist me in figuring out what I am doing wrong? I would really appreciate it. I have not been able to update my 3100 for months.

Make sure you open the RT-AC3100 folder on Sourceforge and click on a file ending in .zip. It should download to your Download folder where you can extract the contents of the zip file.

I finally figured out what was happening. I finally started at the top and looked at every file/folder on the computer. I did not see dave's note before I wrote this.

I was getting downloads, but in a temp directory I have never looked at. The contents are huge. I will need to clean the folder up. And leave a note for myself when dealing with SF. It is unusual for a requested download not to ask me where the file should go.

Last edited:
It is unusual for a requested download not to ask me where the file should go.
No it's not unusual, that's how it works with the browsers I use. But it does depend on what browser you're using and how you have configured it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!