What's new

ECB6200 Upload Speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davewolfs

Regular Contributor
Hoping someone can provide some input on this.

Download Speed across Lan is good 100mb/sec. Upload speed seems to be hard capped at 35mb/sec.

I have tested my adapters connected directly and also across many rooms. The speed always remains the same. If I use a direct ethernet connection. My upload speed is around 110mb/sec. Any ideas as to why the ECB6200 adapters do not function at the same speed up as they do down?

Last edited:
Moca? Did you try limiting the power in steps and test again?

Issue was resolved by adjusting the default send/receive tcp window size.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E36784_01/html/E37476/gnkor.html

On OmniOS I was able to run:

ipadm set-prop -p recv_buf=1048576 tcp
ipadm set-prop -p send_buf=1048576 tcp
ipadm set-prop -p max_buf=2097152 tcp
svcadm restart smb/server

My transfers are now near 1GB speed. Basically the larger window size compensates for the increased lag that is introduced by the adapters. Around 3ms. I'm quite happy with these now!

Has anyone tested for full duplex? Without a doubt, these adapters do not appear to operate at full duplex.

No my understanding is that MOCA works very much like WIFI except over COAX. It is half duplex.

Has anyone tested for full duplex? Without a doubt, these adapters do not appear to operate at full duplex.

FWIW - I've been pulling new Coax to a couple of corners of the house - there are signal levels that are important, and there's quite a few of us - myself included - that have cable connections that are less-than-optimal...

Going up into the attic - found two splitters that weren't needed - not my work - and a lot of 30 year old coax.... on the demarc from the curb, we had two 2-way splitters - probably installed with Phone and high speed internet...

Anyways - rather that put an amplifier into the mix pushing more signal- I pulled noise out - now we have 4 drops, one for Broadband, one for the family room, and two for bedrooms...

Called my Cable guy after the fact - everything shiny...

Before all the work - cable was a mess, and what pushed this is that my provide moved from Analog channels to digital only with their little mini-box...

FWIW - I've been pulling new Coax to a couple of corners of the house - there are signal levels that are important, and there's quite a few of us - myself included - that have cable connections that are less-than-optimal...

Going up into the attic - found two splitters that weren't needed - not my work - and a lot of 30 year old coax.... on the demarc from the curb, we had two 2-way splitters - probably installed with Phone and high speed internet...

Anyways - rather that put an amplifier into the mix pushing more signal- I pulled noise out - now we have 4 drops, one for Broadband, one for the family room, and two for bedrooms...

Called my Cable guy after the fact - everything shiny...

Before all the work - cable was a mess, and what pushed this is that my provide moved from Analog channels to digital only with their little mini-box...

For all the trouble, why not just drop cat6a?

For all the trouble, why not just drop cat6a?

I've got CAT5 drops in most of the rooms already - but my CATV isn't IP based - it's SDV... but it's still relevant for MOCA, as some performance issues may be the wiring itself, rather than the MOCA boxes used...