What's new

Edgerouter PoE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jedi

New Around Here
Hi All,

I have a Tp-Link Archer VR2800. By updating the firmware I was able to access fibre internet.

I am running my own email server and website on Ubuntu server 18-04.

It took a few weeks to configure Bind9, iredmail, Nginx and secure my email and webservers with Letsencrypt but I finally got everything set up exactly how I wanted it. It was quite good feeling of accomplishment.

Now I have decided that my next challenge is to make my own router with VyOS.

So I have decided that I need to have two networks, my main network I do not touch and my experimental network. If my experimental network breaks the challenge will be finding out why with out stressing about having no internet. Probably lose a few hairs along the way but expecting I will learn a lot about networking.

So I have today bought a Edgerouter PoE as I understand you can plug routers into them. I updated to the latest firmware and ran the WAN-2LAN2 wizard. eth1 set up on 192.168.1.1/24 eth2 192.168.2.1/24. When I run ethernet from eth1 to my switch I have internet but if I go from eth1 to the router to the switch I do not. I am wanting to access the Tp-Link via 192.168.1.1 like I was able to before the Edgerouter install. The Edgerouter has a console port so I am guessing I may need to install a second NIC to access the EdgerouterOS.

Any pointers on how to achieve the desired set up would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help.