What's new

errors in asus router vpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gotcha

New Around Here
I have a question about the VPN connection to my router with synology
I have therefore set up on my Synology NAS server and turned a openVPN Then I my router, AC68U the ovpn file put it
Then I only have the Server Address and Port changes, and The username and password
When turned on the service but the vpn server Synology does not register connection I also get continued the following error messages in the log of the router:

UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Sep 24 18:35:22 openvpn[21417]: UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]**.*.*.*:****
Sep 24 18:36:22 openvpn[21417]: TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Sep 24 18:36:22 openvpn[21417]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Sep 24 18:36:22 openvpn[21417]: SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting
Sep 24 18:36:22 openvpn[21417]: Restart pause, 2 second(s)
Sep 24 18:36:24 openvpn[21417]: WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled. See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.
Sep 24 18:36:24 openvpn[21417]: NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Sep 24 18:36:24 openvpn[21417]: Socket Buffers: R=[122880->122880] S=[122880->122880]

What am I doing wrong, what do I have to do and how can I fix it?

I made a little mistake
So I wanted to use the vpn of the Synology NAS to access the Internet anonymously but that can not vpn of synology
I will have to subscribe to a service like hidemyass I think ...

There is no such thing as accessing the internet anonymously. ;)

Not even with VPN.

There is no such thing as accessing the internet anonymously. ;)

Not even with VPN.

That's true but it's better than nothing
I do not back them breaking into my camera network because that was almost succeeded

That's true but it's better than nothing

No, it gives a false sense of security. As soon as you access anything 'public' or over the 'www' that you don't have complete control over (hops, servers, etc.), anonymous is the last thing you are.