What's new

Few questions about Asus RT-AX88U pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you for your replies Mr @ColinTaylor and Mr @glens , now it's all clear :)

I had a question before, didn't get an answer. Just to make sure. I upgraded the Asus firmware that I installed when I got my RT ( 3.0.0.6.102_21514-g9affda2_136-g5d23c ) with a full reset factory before and after. Then I configured the router the way I need it on my LAN.
Now the firmware is :

I know you posted earlier in this thread : 3.0.0.6.102_32843-gad71435_295-g45475
Upgrading from a supplied stock firmware to the current version of stock firmware doesn't usually require a reset. This is a normal firmware update procedure. You would only do a reset if there was a significant jump in versions (e.g. from 3.0.0.4.388.x to 3.0.0.6.102.x) or after installing a custom firmware. What firmware version were you previously on? It should be printed on the case label.

Just want to make sure that the upgrade I did doesn't require a reset :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!