What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Why do I not see this?

AC68U
It's down near the bottom of the page....under Web Access. You need to have the Authentication Method set to HTTPS or BOTH.
https-gui.PNG

Thank you.
I did this, applied Save Http Certificate to No, rebooted.
Now, I can't get into my router via 192.168.1.1.
What did you do? Did you choose HTTPS or Both? If you choose HTTPS, then you need to access https://192.168.1.1:8443 , 8443 is port number you set for HTTPS.

https, then Certificate to No, rebooted.
(after that, was going to set Certificate to Yes, then reboot, as per instructions).
Sorry, I assumed that someone was already using https and were familiar with the procedure for https access. I just updated the instructions.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...lts-releases-v24e3.18914/page-289#post-319625
But if you haven't used https before, you will need to research the procedure to accept a self-signed certificate in your browser (each browser is different).

Last edited:
Hi John

Just did the update from 24E2 to 24E3 on RT-AC68U and still make a reboot before firmware update. :)
All is working fine ..

I update all your releases but since 24E2 or even since 24B8 the free memory shows approx. 30 MB free only - after fresh reboot.
Before it was approx. 130 MB free .. always after fresh reboot.
Always check this value on tools page - after fresh boot - before firmware upgrade.

I remeber some other discussions about memory utilizaiton on linux .. etc.
There was another change you did revert to come back to old free memory values.

Free additional memory prior to firmware upgrade
This will take effect on future upgrades and should help minimize the need to manually reboot the router following a firmware upgrade.

Is the change above related for the changed memory values ?
Just want to understand the cause for the changed amount of free memory after fresh reboot.

Thanks

I update all your releases but since 24E2 or even since 24B8 the free memory shows approx. 30 MB free only - after fresh reboot.
Always check this value on tools page - after fresh boot - before firmware upgrade.
All I can provide is that I don't see that behavior on either the AC68W or the AC68U A1 I maintain for someone, both upgraded to the 24 betas and both stable releases. Working normally for me.

How many free memory do you have after reboot ?
As soon as possible to get into the GUI after wireless came back up, 190MB free. After a few minutes it dwindles to about 175MB, which is roughly where it stays through days or even weeks of uptime.

Edit: it was at 173MB free when I rebooted it prior to testing. Had been up since 24E3 was released.

ITDLlcf.jpg

Last edited:
Most likely someone sneeked in and accessed a USB drive....either
- the router decided an fsck was required (check the syslog....also ext format drives will also automatically check disk at boot after a certain number of mounts)
- There was a client attached with a SMB or Media Server access pending that hit as soon as the router came up.

I usually am in the same area as you....with about 130MB free....but as I start accessing a USB drive, it will quickly drop to about 30MB free. There aren't any changes that would affect the free mem after a boot.

As another aside.....since I free'd the additional memory with the latest change, I haven't had to manually reboot at all during normal firmware upgrades.

One thing I have found, is that if you bind/replace modules (I often do this to debug gui code real time for example) and leave that in place at reboot, the chance of needing to do a manual reboot go way up.

As soon as possible to get into the GUI after wireless came back up, 190MB free. After a few minutes it dwindles to about 175MB, which is roughly where it stays through days or even weeks of uptime.

Edit: it was at 173MB free when I rebooted it prior to testing. Had been up since 24E3 was released.

ITDLlcf.jpg
170mb is quite a lot ..Thanks

Sent from my AOSP on Manta using Tapatalk

Most likely someone sneeked in and accessed a USB drive....either
- the router decided an fsck was required (check the syslog....also ext format drives will also automatically check disk at boot after a certain number of mounts)
- There was a client attached with a SMB or Media Server access pending that hit as soon as the router came up.

I usually am in the same area as you....with about 130MB free....but as I start accessing a USB drive, it will quickly drop to about 30MB free. There aren't any changes that would affect the free mem after a boot.

As another aside.....since I free'd the additional memory with the latest change, I haven't had to manually reboot at all during normal firmware upgrades.

One thing I have found, is that if you bind/replace modules (I often do this to debug gui code real time for example) and leave that in place at reboot, the chance of needing to do a manual reboot go way up.

thanks for your quick answer.

Just rebooted again. The media server is scanning, even I have it disabled.
Hmmmmmm .. need to check this.

But it explains the memory .. the scan takes always a memory.
But once done .. not scan anymore, also on reboot .. normally.

Will remove minidlna database and make a fsck - manually ..

Cheers

Just rebooted again. The media server is scanning, even I have it disabled.
Hmmmmmm .. need to check this.
add the third possiblity :)
You may also want to check any recently added files in the media dir....if it hits a file it doesn't recognize/can't scan successfully, minidlna can get hung up.

You may also want to check any recently added files in the media dir....if it hits a file it doesn't recognize/can't scan successfully, minidlna can get hung up.
Had this once ... Found the problem file in the minidnla.log.
Removed it and all was back to normal ..

Now it's scanning .. clean ext4 filesystem and minidlna db from scratch.
Once done .. I will check the log.

And then reboot back to 130mb free ;)

Thanks a lot !

Another issue .. Router starts scanning .. finished quickly and no /tmp/mnt/sda1/.minidlna folder exists.
Does not create a new folder ...

Never had this one before ..
Samba works fine ..

Just the minidlna scan seems to crash and no logs .. ?

EDIT:
Minidlna also working .. some files are scanned and I can play them.

But why is not .minidlna folder existing anymore ?

EDIT2:

I found them .. at a new place ..

admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/mnt/sda1# find / -name minidlna
/tmp/var/cache/minidlna
/tmp/var/run/minidlna
/usr/sbin/minidlna
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/mnt/sda1# find / -name .minidlna
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/mnt/sda1# ls -la /tmp/var/cache/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin root 60 Apr 23 22:51 .
drwxr-xr-x 14 admin root 360 Apr 23 22:51 ..
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin root 100 Apr 23 22:56 minidlna
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/mnt/sda1# ls -la /tmp/var/cache/minidlna/
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin root 100 Apr 23 22:56 .
drwxrwxrwx 3 admin root 60 Apr 23 22:51 ..
drwxr-x--- 3 admin root 60 Apr 23 22:52 art_cache
-rw-r----- 1 admin root 14290944 Apr 23 22:57 files.db
-rw-r----- 1 admin root 1562 Apr 23 22:57 minidlna.log

Minidlna.log
[2017/04/23 22:56:43] scanner.c:834: warn: Scanning /tmp/mnt finished (5153 files)!
[2017/04/23 22:56:44] playlist.c:125: warn: Parsing playlists...
[2017/04/23 22:57:18] playlist.c:259: warn: Finished parsing playlists.

This way he starts at every boot again .. /tmp/var/cache seems not be correct ?

EDIT3:

To get all the infos...

admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | grep mini
dms_dbcwd=/var/cache/minidlna
dms_dbdir=/tmp/mnt/sda1/.minidlna
size: 57752 bytes (7784 left)

Did not change anything .. are the settings still correct ?

Thanks !!

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!