What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you make a RT-N66U SDK5 build with updated eapd.o supporting multiple bridges?
Like this: lanX_ifname/lanX_ifnames

running on 374.43_2-01j9527 (Windows 7, IE 11 or Firefox 32 updated AC68U off IE11)

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4 Thu Aug 14 03:46:05 UTC 2014
admin@RT-AC68U-37B0:/tmp/home/root# nvram show|grep jffs
size: 39840 bytes (25696 left)
jffs2_on=0
jffs2_exec=
jffs2_format=0

loaded update 2 ( 374.43_2-02j9527) did not reset to defaults

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4 Wed Sep 3 17:22:13 UTC 2014
admin@RT-AC68U-37B0:/tmp/home/root# nvram show|grep jffs

jffs2_on=0
jffs2_exec=
jffs2_log=1
jffs2_format=0
rebooted

admin@RT-AC68U-37B0:/tmp/home/root#
turned off jffs2_log=0
rebooted

dirtclyde is helping out as an early tester for Update-02.....now everyone knows how the disable the syslog to jffs copy works :)

It will include my fixes but not Asus' since there is no way for John to track these. They are bundled in the Asus single GPL commit, which is what this fork is skipping.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ahh ok. Thanks for the response :)

Update-02 of the fork now available

The second release of this fork is now available. The first post has been updated with the details and download information. I hope you continue to find it useful.

Following up on that....when I first thought of this, my thinking was that I would make available something I was doing for myself and maybe a couple of others would find it useful. Well, to say I'm surprised that it turned into a thread with over 27K views and the code downloaded over 900 times is an understatement. Thanks to those who have contributed their thoughts on the directions to take and to those who helped by being early adopters of an 'unknown' code.

Finally, also remember that without Merlin's work in keeping his project as true open source this would not have been possible. It's his base I'm just tweaking.....so if you find this useful, make sure to thank Merlin (and maybe make a small donation to him) as well.

Last edited:
Just downgraded from 376.45 to your 374.43 fork and so far so good on my 68U. That 376.45 IMHO has issues with 5Ghz and randomly kicking wired LAN devices off the network.

Last edited:
hmm, tried the latest version, couldn't get an internet connection. unplug, reboot, unplug modem, clone, nothing was working. back to merlin RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.42_0 connected right away.
charter, SB6120 Motorola, n66

JS racer,

Clone? Sounds like you didn't do a proper reset to factory defaults after you flashed?

I too just flashed the latest .02 version of this fork on my RT-N66U and the network is working great for me.

flashed 2nd one on my RT-N66u, it ran 374-43.

Looks fine so far, no angry faces here yet :D

Thanks guys....at least my heart is starting to beat a little bit after that first post :)

John, I like it a lot so far. Very stable and 5GHz WiFi signal strength and stability in the furthest corners of my house is vastly improved over the 376.45. If security improvements are there, I can live without the fancy CPU meters etc. Hope that new firmware fixes limits with WiFi and we get the fancy stuff with it.;)

thanks for your work. PM

Do I need to do a factory reset if I flash this over Merlins 374.43_2 on my RT-AC68U?

Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

Do I need to do a factory reset if I flash this over Merlins 374.43_2 on my RT-AC68U?

Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

Personally I haven't done factory resets on the 68U. I just flash the new firmware and off I go. It has worked for me every time, even now that I downgraded from 376.45 to John's. An other things I liked about his fork is that the router didn't ask to be rebooted manually like Merlin's firmware does. It was flashed and rebooted in an automated process.:D

Hope this helps.

Several days in a row on update 02 now, under very heavy use and minidlna stress testing. Working like a champ. No hiccups, no slow downs, no reboot's necessary. Purring like a smooth bore hemi engine.

Almost 3 hours running 02, working great..but i found something, i always do factory reset after each flashs :confused:
DHCP lease countdown timer dont work ,stuck at 24:00:00.

Same here.
Never checked what it shows on -01.

The fact that there is a "Refresh" button does indicate it should count down.

Almost 3 hours running 02, working great..but i found something, i always do factory reset after each flashs :confused:
DHCP lease countdown timer dont work ,stuck at 24:00:00.

same for mine. version 1 worked.

Last edited:
Same here.
Never checked what it shows on -01.

The fact that there is a "Refresh" button does indicate it should count down.

AFAIK....The data in the lease file is only refreshed when a new lease is issued or an existing lease is renewed. The Refresh button will reread the lease file, but that only changes with the above actions.

Edit....nope...confirmed the behavior has changed....looks like the dnsmasq lease file isn't being updated....off to check the dnsmasq pages.....

Last edited:
Just wanted to note, there is a huge difference in actual internet speed using the fork and using Merlin official. Much faster speeds for mobile devices on 5ghz using the fork.

AFAIK....The data in the lease file is only refreshed when a new lease is issued or an existing lease is renewed. The Refresh button will reread the lease file, but that only changes with the above actions.

Edit....nope...confirmed the behavior has changed....looks like the dnsmasq lease file isn't being updated....off to check the dnsmasq pages.....

Don't know if this related;

With your original build, the RT-N66U would show up as a router and properly named in Network (Windows 8.1).

With this latest 02 build, it now shows as UPnP router.

And yes, the lease time settings are all at 24:00:00.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!