What's new

Free NAS Testing Program Invitation from UGreen

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
Ugreen is holding a NAS device testing program and is looking for NAS users in the US with in-depth knowledge to test our new NAS devices and share their invaluable and authentic feedback with us. The members of SNBforums have a deep understanding of NAS devices, so they are best qualified to speak on what NAS users need and what functions are important.
We've got 180 units of our new NAS products, and the testers can keep them for FREE if they're chosen to be our NAS testers.

Here's How To Enter:
Fill out the application form here : https://www.ugreen.com/pages/nas-storage-test
Join our Official NAS Group (all new updates will be announced in this group)

We sincerely invite users of the SNBforums to join our testing program, to get involved in our product optimization process, and be the first to experience the future of storage! If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, I'd be happy to loop in our social team and go into more detail!

Here's How To Enter:
Fill out the application form here : https://www.ugreen.com/pages/nas-storage-test
Join our Official NAS Group (all new updates will be announced in this group)

Just to note - one needs to have a Facebook Account to be part of the "testing group"...

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 5.01.32 PM.png

Ugreen is holding a NAS device testing program and is looking for NAS users in the US with in-depth knowledge to test our new NAS devices and share their invaluable and authentic feedback with us. The members of SNBforums have a deep understanding of NAS devices, so they are best qualified to speak on what NAS users need and what functions are important.

I'd be happy to help them - but I'm not going to sacrifice my privacy (e.g. FaceBook) to that end...

not open to eu citizens ?

Users in the US. You need to live in the US. No US citizenship required and no need to give up your EU citizenship. 🙃

Just create a throwaway FB account for the test, without providing any personal info to it.

How?

1) Open browser in Incognito mode
2) Create an account
3) Close Incognito window

Done. No cookie will be saved to your profile, so they can't tie anything to that throwaway account. Just use Incognito mode (or a different browser) whenever you need to log in.

I've never been able to do that for anyone with Apple.

Done. No cookie will be saved to your profile, so they can't tie anything to that throwaway account. Just use Incognito mode (or a different browser) whenever you need to log in.

Yeah - but facebook knows your IP - that's all they need...

I have Facebook account mainly used for Messenger and sometimes Marketplace. Still alive. 🤪

Yeah - but facebook knows your IP - that's all they need...
So does every single website that you visit. And that info is useless for marketing purposes since a large number of users have a dynamic IP that changes on a regular basis.

The only important portion is for them to setup a unique cookie, which can then be used to uniquely identify you.

Anyway, this is getting way off-topic here...

Bah, if it would be open for EU, i would definitely do it, even if a FB account was required. People that think FB is the only privacy threat, are naive. Basically every site you surf affects your privacy one way or another. I wouldn't expect anyone here to be that ignorant.

Nobody is.

But making an FB account is like a bullet to your head.

But making an FB account is like a bullet to your head.

I agree - but at the same time - we all know how FB handles privacy (not)...

If I had to advise uGreen on how to move forward, there are platforms that support test groups...

For what it is worth - I think they're seriously looking for a test group... and not just marketing leads...

@sfx2000 Thanks for letting us know about the FB requirement. A non-starter for me too.

@thiggins - if you could provide feedback to your contacts perhaps - FB might have been misguided, I do think their intentions meant well, but perhaps, didn't take into consideration how many of the members here consider privacy as a high priority...