What's new

Going from Old 3rd Party f/w to Latest Stock f/w?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Poseidon

Can someone please tell me the proper steps to update an RT-AC68U unit currently running John's Fork (374 version) to the latest Official/Stock Asus firmware.

I'm not sure but don't I have to update the router to a 376 official version first before updating to the latest version - or something to that affect?

Check the CFE bootloader level on the Tools > Sysinfo page....You have the following cases (this is the simplest matrix)

- if the CFE level is 1.0.2.x AND you are on fork level V18 or above, you can load the latest ASUS or Merlin without any additional steps. Then factory default reset.

- if the CFE level is 1.0.1.x OR you are on fork level V17 or below, you must first load ASUS 376.3626 or Merlin 378.55/factory reset before loading the latest levels/factory reset.

Note that after this upgrade, you will need to use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool if you wish to return to the fork.

Last edited: