What's new

Good rackmount router recommendations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nox

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I'm looking for a new ADSL router which is either directly rackmountable, or has a kit I can get to make it rackmountable. Just trying to keep everything tidy and in one place having just temporarily installed a temporary old router & have it keep falling off the shelf as i knock the cables!

Favoured brands are currently netgear or draytek. Wifi is a bonus but not worried if I have to get an access point seperately.

Any help/recommendations are greatly appreciated :)

Nox

You could look at the Draytek 2830 or 2850, they use the rackmount bracket RM1. They do wireless versions, but wireless wouldn't be good in a rack...

Or you could buy a Netgear and put it on a little shelf inside the rack...

Hi,

I'm looking for a new ADSL router which is either directly rackmountable, or has a kit I can get to make it rackmountable. Just trying to keep everything tidy and in one place having just temporarily installed a temporary old router & have it keep falling off the shelf as i knock the cables!

Favoured brands are currently netgear or draytek. Wifi is a bonus but not worried if I have to get an access point seperately.

Nox

Just buy a rack shelf and put the ADSL modem and a decent router on it. Don't need an application specific router for that.

Pragmatic view perhaps, but a shelf is cheap...

Hi,

Nox

MikroTik Cloud Core Router - http://routerboard.com/CCR1016-12G

It's absolutely overkill for a simple ADSL setup, but it's fairly low-end for rack-mount equipment, and MikroTik has proven solid as a rock for me (I haven't used the Cloud Core series yet, however)

Hi,

Nox

You may take a look into DrayTek Vigor2830, the ADSL2+ router.
They recently upgrade their f/w and implemented a lot of features, Open VPN, IPv6...etc..
I saw them demonstrating Vigor2830 rack mounted on a 6 U chassis in a roadshow hosted by their distributor.