What's new

GT-AC5300 Band steering which setup is best

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are these settings still valid? If so, did you turn on Roaming assistant for any of the 2.4 or 5GHz? If so, what settings? Thank you :)

Yes still valid. And yes roaming assistance is on all bands set to -90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes still valid. And yes roaming assistance is on all bands set to -90

Thank you for your quick response.

Just to confirm then, I turn on Roaming Assistant for all 2.4 and 5Ghz and put -90 in all 3 boxes? If so, does it matter that in your photo above the 5GHz-1 is set to 0 (zero) in the RSSI section and -65 for the 2.4GHz?

More specifically, below are my current settings. Please advise what I should change and where? Thanks again. Im really looking forward to this improving my WiFi connectivity :)

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.39.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.39.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.40.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.40.44 AM.png

Yes all roaming is -90 and is correct to be different from the smart connect.

The roaming assistant is a separate feature which I’m using as a fallback to smart connect. So setting it higher than -90 it starts to interfere otherwise

Reactions: #TY
Yes all roaming is -90 and is correct to be different from the smart connect.

The roaming assistant is a separate feature which I’m using as a fallback to smart connect. So setting it higher than -90 it starts to interfere otherwise

Thank you very much for your help, JDB. Much appreciated :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!