What's new

Help Compiling Latest Merlin Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pilotboy72

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I'm trying to compile the latest firmware in Github. The compile seems to get pretty far along and then I get an error trying to compile Nettalk. Anyone seen this and know how to get around it? BTW, I'm compiling this on Ubuntu 12.4.05 LTS.

Brian

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/brtaylor/repository/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/netatalk-3.0.5'
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/bash /home/brtaylor/repository/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src/router/netatalk-3.0.5/missing --run aclocal-1.11 -I macros
macros/netatalk.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AX_CHECK_DOCBOOK
macros/netatalk.m4:4: run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
macros/netatalk.m4:4: or see http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/bash /home/brtaylor/repository/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src/router/netatalk-3.0.5/missing --run autoconf
cd . && /bin/bash /home/brtaylor/repository/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src/router/netatalk-3.0.5/missing --run automake-1.11 --foreign
configure.ac:59: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LTDL_DLLIB
If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:61: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LTDL_DLSYM_USCORE
make[4]: *** [configure] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/brtaylor/repository/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/netatalk-3.0.5'
make[3]: *** [netatalk-3.0.5] Error 2

Another "lightweight" alternative
Code:
cd asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src/router/netatalk-3.0.5
cp ../openvpn/m4/pkg.m4 macros
autoreconf -fi

Or simply clean and make again without the last statement.

An old problem I know, but I'm setting up a new PC/development environment and ran into the netatalk compile error. Finally tracked down the 'real' fix in a netatalk support forum....add the libltdl-dev package.

sudo apt-get install libltdl-dev

(I had to reboot for it to take effect)