What's new

Help with portforwarding on Asus RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

puma99dk|

New Around Here
Before updating to Merlin 378.50 and now 378.51_beta1 I didn't have problem with port forwarding, i am still running static ip on my network, but it doesn't open up my ports i want even tried with port triggering it's just dead i got internet no problem but can't open ports :(

I want to open port 60555 both ways i put that into port range and local port and then found local ip on the drop-down list but it doesn't seem to work as it should anyone got an idea why?

i am running KIS2014 and it's not the firewall in KIS bcs it's disabled now and my ports is still closed so i think it's my router that don't open up.

where is a screen of my router interface at the portforwarding page with masked ssid's and local ip.

portforward.router.jpg

Do you port forwarding to your WAN ip? It should be in you LAN segment (local ip) 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254

Do you port forwarding to your WAN ip? It should be in you LAN segment (local ip) 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254

i changed lan segment, bcs i never use 192.168.1.1 and i don't wanna change that, my ip starts with 185.xx.xx.xxx i got danish fibernet 90/90mbit.

it's pretty easy on the Asus RT router just click LAN and u start with LAN IP and in IP Address u change 192.168.1.1 to what u want ;)

i changed lan segment, bcs i never use 192.168.1.1 and i don't wanna change that, my ip starts with 185.xx.xx.xxx i got danish fibernet 90/90mbit.

it's pretty easy on the Asus RT router just click LAN and u start with LAN IP and in IP Address u change 192.168.1.1 to what u want ;)
If you dont use LAN ip you can't port forward. Forward from WAN-ip to LAN-ip
185.xx.xx.xx to 192.168.1.50 or what you want.

If you dont use LAN ip you can't port forward. Forward from WAN-ip to LAN-ip
185.xx.xx.xx to 192.168.1.50 or what you want.

i use my lan ip, it starts with 99.xxx.91.xx u want a screen just of that too from my windows 8.1???

i use my lan ip, it starts with 99.xxx.91.xx u want a screen just of that too from my windows 8.1???
I'm not sure it NAT can handle public ip as LAN and forwaring, usally use class A-B-C net works. 10. or 172. or 192.

I'm not sure it NAT can handle public ip as LAN and forwaring, usally use class A-B-C net works. 10. or 172. or 192.

it haven't been a problem since like 2 weeks or something ago i upgraded my fiber connection from 40/40mbit to 90/90mbit, so it would be weird if the problem should be this, but i will go test but it doesn't make since.

Port forwarding is for NAT. If you have a public IP within your LAN, then what you are looking at is more akin to routing than port forwarding.

Port forwarding is for NAT. If you have a public IP within your LAN, then what you are looking at is more akin to routing than port forwarding.

i use a non-standart segment at my sisters place for her network with a RT-N56U routher and it just works no problem at all.

but even with 192 segment i can't get my ports to open properly :(

and i tested with µTorrents setup guide, one moment the Network is green the next it's red like the router opens the port and then closes it again o_O

Oki talked to my isp, looks like someone made a frack up upgrading my connection so my router says my Wan ip starts with 100 and ip-adress.com says it starts with 185 so that's the issue need to clear this with customer support tomorrow, so this also make sense why my portwarding is jumping joy :eek:

*EDIT*

i now finally got my ip problem sorted out, not my ip on ip-address.com and wan ip matches and ports opens again, so now i will flash my router back to the newest version of the merlin firmware, sry i was getting a little long haired bcs it use to work, but not easy when my ip fracks up upgrading my connection speed...

Last edited: