What's new

Home Moca help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

phisig32

New Around Here
Hi all,

I've been all over the interwebs looking for info on setting this up and I think I get it but I need to make sure

ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router (RT-AC88U) is my wifi router

The rest of the equipment is up for input.

I need a cable modem - are there cable modems integrated with moca?

I need two devices to place at two spots in my house where I need the wired service
Are there devices that have wired output from the coax and will broadcast the wifi? I swear my house is made of lead as signals have always been weird, except for when I had a second broadcast.

Thanks for the help, I assume this is pretty elementary, but its a start.

Hi all,

I've been all over the interwebs looking for info on setting this up and I think I get it but I need to make sure

ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC3100 Gigabit Router (RT-AC88U) is my wifi router

The rest of the equipment is up for input.

I need a cable modem - are there cable modems integrated with moca?

I need two devices to place at two spots in my house where I need the wired service
Are there devices that have wired output from the coax and will broadcast the wifi? I swear my house is made of lead as signals have always been weird, except for when I had a second broadcast.

Thanks for the help, I assume this is pretty elementary, but its a start.
To answer your questions:

The only cable modem/router with MoCA is the Arris SBG-6782AC. It has a built-in MoCA 1.1 adapter. The one downside of this model is that the modem has only 8 downlink channels, rather than 16 or more. This might limit your speed if your Internet service is over 150Mbps.

The alternative is to use a standalone MoCA adapter like an Actiontec ECB2500/6000/6200 at your modem/router to create the MoCA network.

Once you have MoCA, you can create a wired Ethernet connection in another room by adding another MoCA adapter (same model).

If you want MoCA and a wireless access point in another room, you can use the Actiontec WCB6200 which is both a MoCA adapter and AP. It connects to any coax outlet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!