What's new

How Do I Revoke a Client Cert ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

saytr79

Occasional Visitor
So i've been playing around with OpenVPN and have figured most things out but one of the last two things i've been trying to work out is how to revoke a cert ( client1.ovpn ) ?

I've tried to run the revoke command below per the "howto" on OpenVPN's site but no luck.

vars
revoke-full client1

I'm somewhat new to running scripts via "Custom Configuration" on my router so i'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong.

Thoughts ? Thanks in advance.

this involves adding the key/cert pair to a CRL file. to do this may require storing the crl file on /jffs and adding a symlink to the new CRL via init-start script. check the openvpn howto's regarding the CRL file usage.

this involves adding the key/cert pair to a CRL file. to do this may require storing the crl file on /jffs and adding a symlink to the new CRL via init-start script. check the openvpn howto's regarding the CRL file usage.

I figured as much but wasnt clear on how to mount the jffs and create the crl. I had already went to the howto Octopus suggested above to get the script listed in my initial post but was at a loss on how to mount the storage on the router to run the script.

I will dig around a bit more now that i know i need to mount the jffs. Thanks Sinshiva.

I figured as much but wasnt clear on how to mount the jffs and create the crl. I had already went to the howto Octopus suggested above to get the script listed in my initial post but was at a loss on how to mount the storage on the router to run the script.

I will dig around a bit more now that i know i need to mount the jffs. Thanks Sinshiva.

You can put revoke cert in /mnt or /jffs
Code:
crl-verify /mnt/[B]rt-ac68u[/B]/openvpn/crl.pem
crl-verify /jffs/openvpn/crl.pem
This is an example. rt-ac68u is label on my usb

Last edited:
You can put revoke cert in /mnt or /jffs
Code:
crl-verify /mnt/[B]rt-ac68u[/B]/openvpn/crl.pem
crl-verify /jffs/openvpn/crl.pem
This is an example. rt-ac68u is label on my usb

Thank you very much Octopus. I will play around with it when i get home.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!