What's new

how to limit devices on lan/wan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hulltech

Occasional Visitor
I was curious if you can make an iptable or something else that you can create so kids cannot be connected to the internet by three devices at the same time. my kids have a very bad habit of using a tablet, phone, and pc at the same time. I have a data cap and I wanted to see if I can find a way so when they log onto the pc they loose connectivity to the other devices.

Last edited:
... using a tablet, phone, and pc at the same time. I have a data cap ...
Are you sure you want the limit the phone? Data over the phone is a much higher cost per Gb than via ISP in my country.

For the other two devices. Just limit the access to the device. They must trade the tablet with you for the laptop. At night, you get both devices.

I have a different data plan for the phones where they shut off the mobile data after the 2 gigs is reached. how would I set up a iptable to disconnect 2 mac/ip address's out of three to limit the connections to the internet. and is there a way to set limits for the selected ip/ mac address's. I was trying to implement an add blocking feature as well but ran across the website FoolDNS.com