What's new

Intel 7260 AC Bluetooth dual band

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jsmiddleton4

Very Senior Member
Playing with one of these cards. Man is it unstable. Using latest Intel drivers.

Anybody get this card stable with the 68u?

Playing with one of these cards. Man is it unstable. Using latest Intel drivers.

I have two of them, both running solid on my fork on a 68P (and previously a 68U)
(1) In an Acer REVO, running Windows 7/WMC acting as a media pc, streaming live TV from an HDHomerun Prime over AC wireless. Running 17.12.0.4 drivers (just the drivers, not the 'full' install).
(2) In an Acer laptop, running Linux Mint 17.2 (but kernel updated to wiley). For this one, I had to update the Linux regulatory.bin db to get it stable in AC mode.
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-380-57-is-now-available.29308/page-33#post-241686

EDIT: The REVO has the original rev card, the laptop the newer rev.

Last edited:

Check the card, there are two versions the first one reportedly had some problems. Or perhaps you need to mask the pins depending on your computer. The latest driver is 18.33.0

I'll look tomorrow. It works for awhile then loses connection to router, dns lookups fail, etc.

Nice to see 867 speed until it loses connection though.

The bluetooth works even when the wireless stops.

The dealer on Amazon has it listed as the .R version, the newest version.

I went down to the 17.x drivers from Intel. Connected longer but still loses connection to the router.

For the few minutes it works, its very fast.

I'm playing with the newest RMerlin alpha driver. Welcome back RMerlin. Wondering if I should try an older FW?

Check in Device Manager, there's a setting for the Intel cards (I forgot the exact name of the setting) which enables some kind of "turbo mode". Disable that - it was giving me problems with my 7265AC.

Uninstall the card from your system, remove the drivers as well. Reboot the computer, install the latest drivers (18.40.0.3) and do not touch any settings from device manager. It works flawlessy at full speed.

Driver 18.33 seems to be stable. Still playing. Had a devil of a time getting the driver only to update. Punted and installed the full package. The 17.x drivers were very unstable.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edit: Didn't hold. Lost connection after about 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Check in Device Manager, there's a setting for the Intel cards (I forgot the exact name of the setting) which enables some kind of "turbo mode". Disable that - it was giving me problems with my 7265AC.

"Throughput Booster" perhaps?

Default there is disabled, but some OEM's can configure this to enabled as part of the software bill of materials - so check that...

For laptops - might consider the power management settings...

Intel NIC's, while somewhat sensitive to drivers, once sorted, they tend to be pretty good...

I can't even download the latest drivers from Intel's site. No matter which version I choose (drivers only or full), I get an error saying it's invalid or corrupt during download. I tried different browsers. When was the last time someone downloaded from their site? Did you have any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using the 7260AC on an HP DV6 Envy i7 for the past year +, running the 17.11.13.5 driver (which shows a date in Device Manager of 12/8/2014) with stock settings (i.e., I never changed any of the settings on the card) and it runs flawlessly.

I recall that when it was installed, if I put the laptop into sleep/hibernation, the card would need to be re-initialized (by going to Device Manager and rescanning for hardware changes), but after about a month or so, that behavior stopped and that was no longer necessary (a Window update fix perhaps?).

Works great with any wifi router that I've used it with. I have an Asus AC3200 router, AC66U repeater for home, and typically use TP-Link AP's at my office. Never had any issues with the AC7260 after the initial install issues.

BTW, here's the link to the Intel Download Center where you can find the AC7260 drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75440/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-7260

I can't even download the latest drivers from Intel's site. No matter which version I choose (drivers only or full), I get an error saying it's invalid or corrupt during download. I tried different browsers. When was the last time someone downloaded from their site? Did you have any issues?

MS Edge flagged the download as a bad certificate when I downloaded the 18.x.xx driver pack...

I'm running three of the AC7260 cards in three completely different laptops across two different AC5300 routers with no issues at the moment. When I installed the first router one of my laptops would negotiate a 866mbps link speed but could only achieve 54mbps in throughput, a driver update fixed that issue. The cards are stable and fast. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Just for reference, I'm using driver 18.21 with my 7265AC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!