What's new

Intel 7260 AC Bluetooth dual band

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just for reference, I'm using driver 18.21 with my 7265AC.

18.33.01.1 on my little Braswell NUC'let - it's an Intel AC 3165 single stream adapter - works fine, it's the little single stream brother of the AC 7265 card...

Someone mentioned and I agree - grab the full Intel ProSET full driver pack rather than a driver only package - and one might consider uninstalling any previous drivers if possible in Add/Remove Programs (Win10 speak - Programs and Features in the classic Control Panel application).

Personally I don't install the full ProSet pack. The only thing it adds is enterprise-only additions which aren't applicable in my home.

I might have been able to figure it out eventually. Could be something with the Dell BIOS and how it communicates with the Dell Quickset key software thing.

I didn't notice any significant difference with 300 vs the 867. So fast with just the 300...

Personally I don't install the full ProSet pack. The only thing it adds is enterprise-only additions which aren't applicable in my home.

??

"Purpose
Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software is recommended for end-customers, including home users and business customers who do not need advanced IT administrator tools."

New version up and works fine with Merlins beta. (380.58)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25833/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10?v=t

@plun Personally I don't run a radius authentication server at home so it's just added bloat. I might install it if I needed to use the diagnostics tool. YMMV.
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software does not provide the same graphical user interface (GUI) look and feel as Windows XP. Microsoft's Native Wi-Fi* controls basic wireless profile configurations like WEP, WPA-Personal, and WPA2-Personal. The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software allows you to create more advanced profiles using EAP and Cisco CCX*. The software utility also offers an IT admin tool, statistics, diagnostics and a troubleshooting tool.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!