What's new

Intermittent Network Drop on one MOCA adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ali.

Occasional Visitor
Hello all, I recently redid my network setup and added Netgear GS308E switches along with a VNOPN PfSense appliance. Everything was running smooth up till few weeks ago, when I started experiencing problem. The network drop issue is on only one MOCA adapter in my whole network. I initially thought the issue was with the Netgear switch, however, after a very prolonged network drop when I restarted the MM1025 MOCA the connection came back. Sometimes it becomes extremely unstable where network connection starts phasing in and out.

What I am looking for is any troubleshooting tips to narrow down the issue further, I am not well versed on how to read the PHY chart, however, I can supply that information. The lights on my MM1025 adapter seem to be operating as intended so I am guessing it is not a connection issue, but I may be wrong here.

Please see attached my network diagram, any help is much appreciated.

HM_Setup-Public.drawio.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!