ipkg: can't resolve symbol '__ctype_b_loc'

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by mmmmmm, Feb 4, 2013.

  1. mmmmmm

    mmmmmm Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2012
    Messages:
    35
    Hi,

    after installing the following components (on my attempt to install gallery):
    - lighttpd
    - mysql
    - php (with serveral extensions: ctype, mbstring, xml, json, iconv, filter ...)

    it seems they broke my environment.

    When running ipkg list I get the error:
    Code:
    admin@RT-N66U:/tmp/mnt/sda1# ipkg update
    ipkg: can't resolve symbol '__ctype_b_loc'
    When trying to run transmission daemon I get:
    Code:
    admin@RT-N66U:/tmp/mnt/sda1# /opt/etc/init.d/S95transmission start
    Starting transmission-daemon:.[20:11:09.694] Couldn't read "/opt/etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json": Not a regular file
    [FAILED]
    Can anyone please give some pointers on what went wrong and how to fix these.

    I actually managed to get the lighttpd and php running. Also the mySql was ok.

    Thank you
     
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

  3. mmmmmm

    mmmmmm Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2012
    Messages:
    35
    I realize that this is Linux related (not Asus, RT-N66U or Merlin's version), but can anyone please provide some assistance?

    Is it possible that a firmware rewrite/upgrade will solve this?
     
  4. RMerlin

    RMerlin Part of the Furniture

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2012
    Messages:
    13,022
    Location:
    Canada
    The problem seem to be with your Optware/Entware repo. I'm not really an expert at fixing package conflicts, best I could suggest is to rename your current asusware directory (or whatever directory contains your Entware filesystem), reboot, and restart from scratch. You can copy back any customized file from the backup you made before rebooting.
     
  5. mmmmmm

    mmmmmm Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2012
    Messages:
    35
    You are absolutely right.
    I realized that I combined packages from optware & entware.
    I simply removed the asusware directory and reinstalled everything from scratch, but this time only entware packages. Now everything is ok.

    Thank you very much, RMerlin!
     
  6. mmmmmm

    mmmmmm Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2012
    Messages:
    35
    To whom it might interest:
    The firmware upgrade did not solve the issue (I lost jffs contents in the upggrade process :) )

    The problem was, as Merlin stated, mixing Optware/Entware repositories.
    The solution was a clean reinstall only from Entware.
     

Share This Page