What's new

IPV6 control

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unsolicited incoming traffic is blocked by default. Exceptions can be made under the Firewall tab.

If you want to block traffic that is a response to an outgoing request (a bit like Network Services Filter) then I'd guess you'd have to write some ip6tables rules.

Unsolicited incoming traffic is blocked by default. Exceptions can be made under the Firewall tab.

If you want to block traffic that is a response to an outgoing request (a bit like Network Services Filter) then I'd guess you'd have to write some ip6tables rules.
thanks for your response Colin, I am not too familiar with ip6table rules or using mangled options (which i think will work for this type of issue), not like i am with ipv4. I have a specific device on my network I do not want connecting to ipv6 as it seems it is not fully compatible and is causing issues with its functionality. all my other devices run fine on the setup though. I don't know what type of IP6table rule i would need but i do know it would involve using the mac address of the device. Do you know of any sources i could reference maybe? Google has me stumped.

Last edited:
My knowledge of ip6tables and IPv6 in general is almost nonexistent. My best best guess by looking at John's implementation of DNS Filter for IPv6 would be this:
Code:
ip6tables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source 00:A0:96:CA:F0:F6 -j DROP

But I don't have IPv6 so have no way of testing that.