What's new

Need to disable ipv6 dhcp server ip auto assignments in my lan. but leave ipv6 turned on for wan side.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshua Price

Occasional Visitor
I have an inseego FW2000 CPE and my router needs the wan side IPV6 turned on via the router's GUI to work. But I have devices that are having issues accessing some apps/websites with it turned on... on the PC I'm able to disable the IPV6 in the adapter settings and these sites work. So figuring that out, I need to disable ipv6 in the lan side. Can someone give me the shh commands to disable this function as well as the command to enable it if I need to undo it?

Also, I need to mangle the TTL of the packets to be a certain value because the devices connected to my mesh nodes are screwing the TTL value by 1 hop and getting a throttle issue. 2 hops if the mesh is in a daisy chain....

I'm currently fixing this TTL issue temporarily by routing all router traffic via a wireguard surf shark vpn configuration and all my devices are getting 200-300mbps down using the vpn... but some sites/apps won't work over a vpn. Without the VPN I'm getting less than 1mbps down on any device.

Last edited:
Can you just disable DHCP-PD (prefix delegation) on the IPv6 page? And/or disable Router Advertisement?

Can you just disable DHCP-PD (prefix delegation) on the IPv6 page? And/or disable Router Advertisement?

Most 5G consumer router/gateways do not provide the PD for IPv6 - IPv6 addresses are assigned by the carrier as pass thru

On your router, try dropping the Max MTU size on the WAN connection - default is 1500, but most 5G connections need 1492 - if you add VPN, drop Max MTU down to 1380 and bump it up from there based on testing..

@sfx2000 are you sure about most ISPs and IPv6 addresses being assigned by the carrier as pass thru? Here in the UK pass thru seems to be the exception! Could that be something that varies significantly by market?
*Bearing in mind that in the UK 95%+ broadband infrastructure belongs to Openreach, Virgin Media, and CityFibre!

Last edited:
@sfx2000 are you sure about most ISPs and IPv6 addresses being assigned by the carrier as pass thru? Here in the UK pass thru seems to be the exception!

5G Fixed Wireless is the exception - "normal" broadband usually will assign at least a /64 for PD...

On TMobile only passthru seems to work, but the devices on lan have issues with some sites / apps not connecting. I tried Native, disable PD, disable the router advertisements... I'm at a loss.

Devices have issues with apps/sites due to the IPV4 problem...

1706913779683.png

I'm trying to use tailscale with a vps exit node to avoid these issues with ipv4

Trying to find which arch / CPU this GT-AX11000 uses, I'm trying to install tail scale onto it but getting an unknown package when using the opkg install tailscaled command.

I see https://pkgs.tailscale.com/stable/#static has like 4-5 mips options.. not sure which to use with the GT-AX11000

Last edited:
On TMobile only passthru seems to work, but the devices on lan have issues with some sites / apps not connecting.

Because of how T-Mo does their IPv4, you can run into blacklist of some of their IPv4 addresses - and it's kind of random how that one works...

Best case here is to go back to T-Mobile on a support ticket...

Because of how T-Mo does their IPv4, you can run into blacklist of some of their IPv4 addresses - and it's kind of random how that one works...

Best case here is to go back to T-Mobile on a support ticket...
That's weird. if I hook my laptop directly to my FW2000 and use the same sites or even android apps via bluestacks I have no issues.