What's new

Last 24 hour traffic limit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eivboh

New Around Here
Hi,

My current internet has a bandwith cap of 50 GB down and 20 GB up the last 24 hours. If i exceed this I am locked out for 48 hours. I am therefore wondering if it is possible to enforce these restrictions on the router?

My idea was to periodically read the traffic database file, e.g. with a cron job, and then if the traffic reads over a specified limit, either shutdown the connection for some time or severely limit it. Is something like this possible, or is it simply infeasible in some ways? Thought I should ask here first, before spending too much time on the issue :)

so what you are after is quota control and i dont think its possible on aus firmware

i have see it working on gargoyle firmware and it works pretty well but the gargoyle fw isnt compatible with asus routers as far as i know

i assume you are torrenting your butt of to even hit 50gig and or 20gig down a day

i assume you are torrenting your butt of to even hit 50gig and or 20gig down a day

LOL I average around 70 gigs total per day and yes, I torrent my butt off! My opportunity to leave Comcast and switch to unlimited bandwidth fiber came just in time :) (Never got a letter from Comcast even back when they were supposedly enforcing the 250 gig cap despite my 700-800 gigs per month usage.)

so you have 2 ways to achieve this

ether get a torrent client that can manage its quota

or

look at a router that can handle gargoyle

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!