What's new

Log Connected Machines

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

beengone

Occasional Visitor
Is there a way on an RT-N66U to log IP address leases? I want to be able to track what machine was online at a given time and track it to MAC address or computer name. Also, is there any way to set some kind of notification if someone hogs bandwidth?

The short version is someone was doing things they ought not to have been doing and I'd like to see if I can track down which machine was the culprit at the time we know the event occurred. Also, I'd like to see if there is a way to watch for large uploads and downloads in the future and log them specially.

Install Merlins firmware then goto Tools, Other Settings, Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring). Then goto Traffic Manager, Traffic Monitor and change Real Time to Daily or Monthly.

Install Merlins firmware then goto Tools, Other Settings, Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring). Then goto Traffic Manager, Traffic Monitor and change Real Time to Daily or Monthly.

Helpful and might be an option, but really hoping not to have to change firmware. It's a business device and we'd rather not mess with warranty and support. Now they're talking about the possibility of a UTM device. If it can't be done with the stock firmware, I'll see how this shakes out.

Thanks.

So where/how does one read these logs when the history location is set to RAM??

Never mind:eek:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!