What's new

Media Server - USB mount issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChrisR

Regular Contributor
I have a USB HDD and USB Flash attached to my RT-N66U with Merlin's 270.25b FW
USB HDD has NTFS (label "Elements") and EXT3 (label "Elements_ext) partitions. USB Flash has EXT3 (label "Flash_ext") partition

Media files are on NTFS partition and Minidlna DB on EXT3 partition of HDD.

In minidlna.conf: db_dir=/mnt/Elements_ext/minidlna
media_dir=/mnt/Elements/Multimedia
nvram get dms_dbdir = /mnt/Elements_ext/minidlna
After reboot router, Elements_ext is mounted as "/tmp/mnt/Elements_ext(1)"

I change the minidlna and dms_dbdir to "Elements_ext(1)"
After reboot router, Elements_ext is mounted as "/tmp/mnt/Elements_ext"

I checked and only when I change the db_dir in minidlna.conf, the USB mount changes.

I changed the db_dir to Flash_ext and the same happens: "/tmp/mnt/Flash_ext(1)"

With FW 270.24, it changes after around 10 reboots, but with FW 270.25 it changes at every reboot :confused:

Hope someone can assist :eek:

I noticed that when I disable the DLNA Media Server, reboot the router and after reboot enable the DLNA Media Server manually, it all works just fine...

Can it be that the DLNA Media Server starts too early during Router reboot?

Any answer to that? I have exact same situation, although i have only ext3 drives connected to minidlna.

More into this one:

It occurs for me when I have minidlna db configured on one partition and media files on different one.

Solution for me was to put both on ext3 partition and from now on it works like a charm.

Is there any other way to get around this. I do not want to move my media off the ntfs partition I have but want to keep db on the ext3. If it is due to the media server starting too soon during boot is this something that could be fixed?
Thanks

I have the same issue on my RT-AC68U (HDD formatted as EXT4).
Sometimes when the router reboots, the partition containing dlna db files mounts as (1), but I found out that if I reboot it again, it mounts it correctly.

So, conclusion and quick-fix: if the partition is mounted as (1), reboot until it is correctly mounted.

This definitely seems to be related to nas apps I've rarely seen this issue, but it started straight away once I started experimenting with umount and mount disk not knowing that I was then on my own for starting and stopping nasapps.

It seems the only way to get the ducks back in line is rebooting. Trying to force the correct label manually and unmount the (1) label later resulted in a (2).

I can not fix this by rebooting unless I disable media server before reboot. It does not matter how many times I reboot if I have media enabled when I reboot I will get the (1)

defiantly seems to be a timing related thing as if it is starting to soon. if I start it manually after boot works fine. Merlin if you are reading this is there a possibility of making it start later in the boot cycle?
Thanks

defiantly seems to be a timing related thing as if it is starting to soon. if I start it manually after boot works fine. Merlin if you are reading this is there a possibility of making it start later in the boot cycle?
Thanks

Same issue for me. It would be nice to have a delayed start.

Same issue for me. It would be nice to have a delayed start.

Me too. I also have the some problem.

But it seem that it do not affect the minidlna as I also find a mount point name with no- '(1)' in the /mnt/ directory.

I consider can I manual start the minidlna demon in the /jffs/scripts/post-mount