What's new

Mikrotik Routers - Port Forwarding for the Beginner and Scripting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mikrotik529

New Around Here
I have been using Mikrotik hardware now for over a year I love it because of its flexibility however because of that flexibility it requires the user to have some serious knowledge is scripting language and that of ROS 6.4.1 which I am slowly but surely catching onto, I have done a few port forwards but needed help which is not all so easy, my original Tech that worked with me is off on bigger and better ventures albeit an excellent tech I do understand he is very busy. so I have turned to the forums for help. I want to be the best I can be in this particular aspect of this equipment.
Below I have outlined some of the repeat needs are in regards to forwarding ports

1. Port Forwarding from an internal IP and port to another internal IP and port
2. Port Forwarding from an Internal IP and port to the same Internal IP (ie:127.0.0.1)
Server is running on same machine as I am using for access.....
3. Port Forwarding from an internal IP and port thru the NAT to an outside WAN IP and Port
4. Port Forwarding from the outside Internet into a specific IP and Port on my side of the LAN
5. Creating a script to monitor all incoming and outgoing traffic to what WAN ip's that are being
connected to or originating from and their ports

Next the definitions of 'src' and 'dst' in relation to the script call you are doing.

Next I would like to maybe place some of this openly on this forum for others to use as finding Mikrotik info as you prolly well know is slim to none, Maybe there is a reason for that and if so please share.

Sincerely
Rob