What's new

[MOVED POSTS] MU-MIMO still missing on RT-AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
how long are we supposed to wait for mu-mimo? Isn't 2 years enough? I know there are no mu-mimo clients yet but that isn't an excuse not to deliver the advertised feature.

Seriously? Even with no clients available, you want the feature anyways? :)

Seriously? Even with no clients available, you want the feature anyways? :)

Yes, i want it working even if there are no clients. Mu-mimo clients will come sooner or later, can you say for sure that they will gonna implement mu-mimo on ac87u?

You see, what if the mu-mimo cannot be implemented and 5ghz cannot be fixed because of hardware issue and they just don't want to admit it? That is a possibility right?

Come on it's been 2 years, how long do we have to wait for the router to get fixed? The 5ghz band should have been working from the start.

They sold us broken unit and made us wait for 2 years and counting, how long are you gonna wait till you say "enough"? Or you just gonna let asus screw you from behind?

Yes, i want it working even if there are no clients. Mu-mimo clients will come sooner or later, can you say for sure that they will gonna implement mu-mimo on ac87u?

You see, what if the mu-mimo cannot be implemented and 5ghz cannot be fixed because of hardware issue and they just don't want to admit it? That is a possibility right?

Come on it's been 2 years, how long do we have to wait for the router to get fixed? The 5ghz band should have been working from the start.

They sold us broken unit and made us wait for 2 years and counting, how long are you gonna wait till you say "enough"? Or you just gonna let asus screw you from behind?

Calm down.

They didn't say anything of what you think they did. They sold you hardware that is MU-MIMO capable. Next time, read for better understanding and buy (or not) accordingly.

As long as they didn't lie about that (which, afaik, they haven't), they have fulfilled their obligations to everyone that bought one.

There are many examples of the 5GHz band working for others and nothing was 'broken' from the start. If it was; that is the time to return it for a full refund. Not rant about it like a silly school girl today.

Calm down.

They didn't say anything of what you think they did. They sold you hardware that is MU-MIMO capable. Next time, read for better understanding and buy (or not) accordingly.

As long as they didn't lie about that (which, afaik, they haven't), they have fulfilled their obligations to everyone that bought one.

There are many examples of the 5GHz band working for others and nothing was 'broken' from the start. If it was; that is the time to return it for a full refund. Not rant about it like a silly school girl today.

Capable? Can you honestly tell me that your ac87u is capable of doing mu-mimo right now? No it's not capable, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe never? Who knows? The point is, till when are we supposed to wait? How many years should pass till we can start complaining about it being absent? I think a year should be long enough, no?

5ghz band is broken from the start, my note 4 have issues, my brother's iphone 5s have issues, my g751jt laptop have issues, tell me that it isn't broken. My r7000 router works fine.

Capable? Can you honestly tell me that your ac87u is capable of doing mu-mimo right now? No it's not capable, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe never? Who knows? The point is, till when are we supposed to wait? How many years should pass till we can start complaining about it being absent? I think a year should be long enough, no?

5ghz band is broken from the start, my note 4 have issues, my brother's iphone 5s have issues, my g751jt laptop have issues, tell me that it isn't broken. My r7000 router works fine.

Hardware capable is different from enabled. The point is you don't and didn't need to wait. You choose too.

There isn't a time limit to start complaining. Simply act. Your issues with your devices in your environment should have been ample warning to return the router. What you're doing now is simply annoying.

It certainly isn't helping.

Hardware capable is different from enabled. The point is you don't and didn't need to wait. You choose too.

There isn't a time limit to start complaining. Simply act. Your issues with your devices in your environment should have been ample warning to return the router. What you're doing now is simply annoying.

It certainly isn't helping.

What you are saying is that, even if they don't ENABLE the mu-mimo function, it's still acceptable because the router is mu-mimo CAPABLE even though mu-mimo will never be ENABLED, and there is no deception with that?

I'm not saying that they will not enable mu-mimo, but what if? After 2, 3, 4, 5 years it's still not enabled because of hardware issue? So back to the same question, HOW LONG ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WAIT TILL WE CAN SAY "ENOUGH"?

So, if there are no clients...they could in theory, say it was enabled, but no one would know otherwise :)

What you are saying is that, even if they don't ENABLE the mu-mimo function, it's still acceptable because the router is mu-mimo CAPABLE even though mu-mimo will never be ENABLED, and there is no deception with that?

I'm not saying that they will not enable mu-mimo, but what if? After 2, 3, 4, 5 years it's still not enabled? So back to the same question, HOW LONG ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WAIT TILL WE CAN SAY "ENOUGH"?

If you calm down and read what is being said, 'how long' is up to you.

I do not buy hardware that doesn't do what I need or want it to do. Even if that capability seems to be implied in the advertising.

They may never enable MU-MIMO in the lifetime of the product. And that will be acceptable to a court judge if there are still no MU-MIMO clients available still. Asus could simply state they did not want to invest in that feature when their work could go wasted if and when actual clients that could take advantage of that feature became available at a later date. And, the hardware is capable, just as they stated at time of launch.

In the end, your misunderstanding of advertising promises is your own fault and especially after you have actually tested it in your environment and have found it not worthy for your uses.

Now, can you understand that simply whining about it won't fix anything?

Asus is not required to do what you ask. Why? Because they never stated a date for the completion of that 'feature'. Nor did they state anywhere their product would work for all, either.

If you calm down and read what is being said, 'how long' is up to you.

I do not buy hardware that doesn't do what I need or want it to do. Even if that capability seems to be implied in the advertising.

They may never enable MU-MIMO in the lifetime of the product. And that will be acceptable to a court judge if there are still no MU-MIMO clients available still. Asus could simply state they did not want to invest in that feature when their work could go wasted if and when actual clients that could take advantage of that feature became available at a later date. And, the hardware is capable, just as they stated at time of launch.

In the end, your misunderstanding of advertising promises is your own fault and especially after you have actually tested it in your environment and have found it not worthy for your uses.

Now, can you understand that simply whining about it won't fix anything?

Asus is not required to do what you ask. Why? Because they never stated a date for the completion of that 'feature'. Nor did they state anywhere their product would work for all, either.

If someone borrowed some money from you and told you that he will gonna pay you but never stated when, is he then not obliged to pay you? Because there is no promised date?

If someone borrowed some money from you and told you that he will gonna pay you but never stated when, is he then not obliged to pay you? Because there is no promised date?

Whether he is obliged or not is not the point. Re-read what I have posted before.

And,
If I lend money to anyone, I assume I will never see it again. ;)

I agree with you overall L&LD, but it certainly is not MU-MIMO "capable", prohibited by hardware or software not you cannot hook a MU-MIMO client up(edit: and use the feature) regardless of how few exist, I think the word they were looking for was "potentiality" if they knew this was going to take time. If there was a known problem, and this feature turns out not to come around at all, they could be slightly screwed....

--goes back to waiting on "port teaming"

I agree with you overall L&LD, but it certainly is not MU-MIMO "capable", prohibited by hardware or software not you cannot hook a MU-MIMO client up(edit: and use the feature) regardless of how few exist, I think the word they were looking for was "potentiality" if they knew this was going to take time. If there was a known problem, and this feature turns out not to come around at all, they could be slightly screwed....

--goes back to waiting on "port teaming"

As said many times, the hardware is MU-MIMO capable. They never said anything about hooking up a client to it. :)

As said many times, the hardware is MU-MIMO capable. They never said anything about hooking up a client to it. :)

Then that is misleading/deceptive, No matter how you play with the words.

If it doesn't currently support mu-mimo, then it is currently incapable.

Then that is misleading/deceptive, No matter how you play with the words.

If it doesn't currently support mu-mimo, then it is currently incapable.

I can agree it is both misleading and deceptive. But that doesn't change the fact that it is still legal (they stated precisely what was in the box).

It is your misinterpretation of the facts that you do not want to face.

I can agree it is both misleading and deceptive. But that doesn't change the fact that it is still legal (they stated precisely what was in the box).

It is your misinterpretation of the facts that you do not want to face.

Yeah, what's in the box and what is coming in the future? Right? So if they don't deliver then they are screwed.

I'm pretty confident the goodies will come, but man I hope that wouldn't fly legally if they didn't, as far as I can reason through linguistics and logic...in a situation where software governs the hardware I would still claim that to be quite "hardware incapable". Of course in legal land this word "bending" is done daily and im sure Asus has a nice set of lawyers....come to think of it, even "explaining" away the Port Teaming written on the back would be pretty simple ;)

So, the port teaming also doesn't work yet? Damn, i just ordered a ds215+ NAS

Right back to the legal stuff, i'll say that they will pay me right away if i bring this to small claims court, been there, done that.

I'm pretty confident the goodies will come, but man I hope that wouldn't fly legally if they didn't, as far as I can reason through linguistics and logic...in a situation where software governs the hardware I would still claim that to be quite "hardware incapable". Of course in legal land this word "bending" is done daily and im sure Asus has a nice set of lawyers....come to think of it, even "explaining" away the Port Teaming written on the back would be pretty simple ;)

So, the port teaming also doesn't work yet? Damn, i just ordered a ds215+ NAS

Right back to the legal stuff, i'll say that they will pay me right away if i bring this to small claims court, been there, done that.

See post 8 and 9 of the link I provided. The hardware is there (prove that it isn't).

I'd like to see your small claims court victory proof and profit (limited to the price of the router). Less any and all time spend preparing for the 'case'. :)

Notice that that thread was locked. Your points although understandable for one or two posts are not what the legal world is made of.

As I said before, next time try to read between the advertising lines.

Different countries and different states/provinces have their standards - but once we start talking legalities, then it gets complicated, and worse case, it can involve this site - so I'm suggesting that we walk away from that discussion.