What's new

Multi SSIDs Tomatousb

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Still have the (warning: WL driver reports BSSID 00:00:00:00:00:00) on .97 shibby

:rolleyes:

YesI have the same. But now I have a wifi signal and can connect to my Guest-Wifi without any problem.

Wish I could say the same ...... but none of my devices will connect. I can see signal fine but no connection. This is still very flaky imho.

Love shibby stuff but this feature not working on such an expensive and newer router is a non starter :(

Wish I could say the same ...... but none of my devices will connect. I can see signal fine but no connection. This is still very flaky imho.

Love shibby stuff but this feature not working on such an expensive and newer router is a non starter :(

If you need that feature you can use RMerlin RT-N16 build, that's working with BSSID, that is a god starter !

octopus

Think I am going to take your advice. Shibby stuff has worked awesome for me, but no guest network is no longer viable for my situation.

How is performance compared to shibby ???

Think I am going to take your advice. Shibby stuff has worked awesome for me, but no guest network is no longer viable for my situation.

How is performance compared to shibby ???

The gust network works fine on Shibby you just need to invest more time into getting it to work, it took me only about an 2 hours to get it to work and I am super noobish, go look at the link I posted in the first post and keep on trying

The performance/range I'd say is comparable to the stock firmware and IF there is a discrepancy it would be 5-10% tops, you must ask yourself how much do you favor shibby with all its features against stock firmware?

it was a bless after getting it to work, I feel that I lost the last 5 years of my life on shirtty firmware :cool:

Jeffspears I understand and would LOVE to stay with shibby, it works awesome for me except for guest network. I am not generally considered noobish as I have several IT certs so perhaps there is some hardware difference at the root of this issue. That and this part of the code I consider pretty alpha.

I have tried several tutorials including shibby's own. None of my devices can find a mac to connect to even though they can see the ssid.

Have invested over 20 hours - but no love for me I guess :rolleyes:

Thanks for that useful post Jeff. I knew it was not on my end.

"The multiple SSID feature currently in Tomato is seriously broken, IMHO it's non functional. You can delete a network once it's been created. You can't change the security settings once saved."

"Looks to me that this feature never properly worked with the RT-N branch"

Good to see that the problem is being replicated and worked on by other devs making commits.

Looks like Shibby and jyavenard are going to try and do something to get this working.

Here is hoping.

Nice !

Looks like he is using toastmans builds and recommends to wait a few days for a shibby build.

Crossing fingers they got this done.

Hi all, I tried Shibby's latest build version 097 with 64k ram and I kept all the settings from build version 095. But I doesn't seem to me that Shibby has fixed the issues with Virtual Wireless / Multi SSIDs yet...

P/s: I tried to wipe out all the previous settings and configured the router from scratch, but still couldn't fix the issue with MAC being 00.00.00.00.00.00 or wireless signal just disappearing after sometimes. Any good solution ?

Same here, any time you change settings related to wireless just have to reboot to get guest WLAN working right, other than that I've had no issues with it runnning for weeks at a time (with only unrelated reboots for upgrades/changes).

I had no issues getting my Guest Wireless network working with the .104 build of Shibby, but did you guys have any luck in getting the bandwidth restriction working for a "Client" in your Guest network? You can limit the bandwidth of the whole network, but I cannot specify a user in the Bandwidth restriction page that is a member of the guest network and have it work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!