What's new

NAT acceleration needed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmillar6

I have an AC68P router and Comcast just upgraded our internet service to 150 mbit/s. Do I need NAT acceleration to enjoy the full benefits of this speed? When I do a speed test I seem to be pulling in 150 mbit/s so I'm not sure if I need it or not, I really don't want to give up traffic monitoring features.

if its over 300Mb/s than you would need hardware NAT but not if you use a much better router.
Ubiquiti edgerouter does 800Mb/s of NAT and double that with their higher end variants
mikrotik RB1100AHx2 does 2 Gb/s of software NAT on CPU connected ports
CCR1009 does 18Gb/s of software NAT on CPU connected ports
CCR1036 is capped by port capacity for software NAT
The CCR series has a much cheaper software performance per Gb/s compared to consumer routers using hardware NAT.

I have an AC68P router and Comcast just upgraded our internet service to 150 mbit/s. Do I need NAT acceleration to enjoy the full benefits of this speed? When I do a speed test I seem to be pulling in 150 mbit/s so I'm not sure if I need it or not, I really don't want to give up traffic monitoring features.

If things work fine, then you probably don't need it - you can test to check to see for yourself

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!