What's new

Need a Switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PainKiller89

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have an Asus RT AC66U Router and i am currently using all the ports. I am going to be running some extra ethernet runs. So i am going to need a switch. What brand of switch should i get? And i would want the fastest speed meaning i am guessing it should be a giga bit switch. Please let me know. I will be connecting NAS, Smart TV and other few things to it.

Hi,

I have an Asus RT AC66U Router and i am currently using all the ports. I am going to be running some extra ethernet runs. So i am going to need a switch. What brand of switch should i get? And i would want the fastest speed meaning i am guessing it should be a giga bit switch. Please let me know. I will be connecting NAS, Smart TV and other few things to it.

I bought the one in link below for someone last year and it works really well. I suppose you'd want the 8 port version though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear...itch/6840341.p?id=1093386322984&skuId=6840341

Gigabit switches all perform equally well. Buy based on price, warranty and brand preference.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!