What's new

New router,but system log dates are old

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adamfopa1

New Around Here
Hello everyone, first post, I purchased Asus AC3200 from Newegg on 1/27/15,I set it up on 2/1/15. Like most owners of this new router here, I also experience frequent wireless disconnects, waiting for a fix.

My main concern, in the system log, there are dates starting from December 1 up to the time I set it up (2/1/15).

Was it used by someone during those dates before I purchased it from Newegg? I was expecting zero dates/activities in the system log in a brand new router.
I appreciates your feedback. thanks
:confused:
Felix.

That's just until it hits the time servers and gets the correct date and time.

Don't worry, your unit is new.

Thanks, can you please explain a little more on that, thanks again.

Felix.
This is common for many routers. As they startup the log they may not have gotten the correct time yet, so the time will be off until they do. Nothing to be alarmed about--completely normal.

Thanks, sorry for the delay response. I returned this router, too much frustrations from the whole family, lack of wireless access complaints was too much. It just did not worked.

Some wireless devices were unable to be detected by the ac3200, and those devices that were detected by the router were continually disconnecting, constantly manually rebooting, even that did not help that much,
all this after updating to the latest firmware, the breaking point for me was the freezes I encountered clicking on any setting in this router. Wired connection worked sometimes, but some other times had trouble connecting after rebooting the router.
For the two weeks it was setup, there was never a day of joy. I finally yielded to my household complaints and pulled old faithful Linksys wrt54gl with DD-WRT firmware installed on it from the box, hooked it up, and all devices were detected and accessing the net .
AC3200 has a potential to be great, when all the fixes are done, I'll continue to read about it and buy again when it is ready. Thanks again.