What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone ask to wifi adjustment
Advanced Setting -> Wireless -> Professional

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2017-12-06 下午6.37.36.png
    螢幕快照 2017-12-06 下午6.37.36.png
    395.9 KB · Views: 520
Hi Everyone,

Update 11/17

2017/11/17 release AiMesh beta for RT-AC68U, RT-AC86U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC88U, RT-AC5300 and GT-AC5300

Please download from here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w4v_rEB3d7PIxWk3Gwofdke6dvuZOGa9?usp=sharing

Now we launch the AiMesh official site here:
https://www.asus.com/aimesh/
And all new beta version will be released in this web site.

My apologies, as I am new to this forum.

I received an email to join beta testing. I have done so and have had success setting up the AIMesh firmware. I am just confused about the Official Beta Firmware Updates.

My main router (RT-AC86U) and one node (RT-AC68R) are both running the same version of the firmware, which I downloaded from the Official Site (above), it is 9.0.0.4_382_18489-gd8cc2aa)

In your original post, you stated that "all new beta versions will be released in this web site", yet the version that you link to on Google Drive is https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w4v_rEB3d7PIxWk3Gwofdke6dvuZOGa9?usp=sharing

is version 9.0.0.4_382_18943-g5cf14d5

When I use the "Check Update" button for both routers from the Administrative tools of the main router GUI, it will report back that the Firmware is current for both the Main router and the node router.

All of that said, I have 2 questions:

1 Will version 18943 be uploaded to the Official site? The Official site version is dated November 7 (18489) and your original post update November 17th

2 Will I have to perform manual upload updates while in Beta, or will the "Check for Updates" button work for both routers from the Main router Firmware Update Page?

Thanks for any light that you could shed on this matter. I am excited about this new feature and I am a very loyal ASUS Customer.

Regards,

Tony :)

There is no any plan for these two model as RT-AC87U and RP-AC68U.

Is this an update on what was said earlier (see below)? I have an RT-AC87U and am unsure whether to sit and wait for AIMesh firmware for it or move to a new router. But if there are no plans for the RT-AC87U then that makes the decision easier so just wanted to confirm.

"What models are going to be supported?
RT-AC68U, RT-AC1900P, RT-AC86U will be supported first, and we are planning to
support GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3200 in near future.
Later, RT-AC87U, RT-AC66U series, RT-AC1750, BlueCave, Lyra and DSL-AC68U will join
this family as well.
Notice: For RT-AC87U, early version RT-AC66U (A1), RT-AC3200 will be limited support
with some functions due to chipset vendor limitation.
"

Is this an update on what was said earlier (see below)? I have an RT-AC87U and am unsure whether to sit and wait for AIMesh firmware for it or move to a new router. But if there are no plans for the RT-AC87U then that makes the decision easier so just wanted to confirm.

"What models are going to be supported?
RT-AC68U, RT-AC1900P, RT-AC86U will be supported first, and we are planning to
support GT-AC5300, RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3200 in near future.
Later, RT-AC87U, RT-AC66U series, RT-AC1750, BlueCave, Lyra and DSL-AC68U will join
this family as well.
Notice: For RT-AC87U, early version RT-AC66U (A1), RT-AC3200 will be limited support
with some functions due to chipset vendor limitation.
"

Currently, we are focus on the model without any chipset vendor limitation. if any update, we will update in asus official web side.

Just to tell that I am using for 6 days with no problems, except by the fact that the nodes are showing offline and sometimes I see a little of ''delay'' in the beam

I´ve sent the feedback again today

Last edited:
Just to tell that I am using for 6 days with no problems, except by the fact that the nodes are showing offline and sometimes I see a little of ''delay'' in the beam

I´ve sent the feedback again today

Can you clarify what you mean by "delay in the beam" ... maybe slow to handoff to next mesh unit if roaming?

StephenH

Question #1) is the RT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_18943-g5cf14d5 stable enough for a "Smart Home" testing ? I have three of them in my inventory and want to broadcast AIMESH wifi on a 2 level 5200 sq feet home for testing in three different areas of the home.

Question #2) MAC filtering with out no security key ie open network, will AIMESH work in this topology?

Last edited:
Question #1) is the RT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_18943-g5cf14d5 stable enough for a "Smart Home" testing ? I have three of them in my inventory and want to broadcast AIMESH wifi on a 2 level 5200 sq feet home for testing in three different areas of the home.

there is some issue in this version, we are working on it for more stable.

Question #2) MAC filtering with out no security key ie open network, will AIMESH work in this topology?
I don't understand your question ?

I don't understand your question ?

I think what OLD Beta Tester is asking is that if you have Wireless Authentication Method set to Open System, and have Wireless Mac Filter enabled, does this function as one would expect across the entire set of main and slave AIMesh units.

(I make no judgement about why he/she would want to run such an insecure arrangement - I’m sure they have their reasons and are aware of the risks).

StephenH

I think what OLD Beta Tester is asking is that if you have Wireless Authentication Method set to Open System, and have Wireless Mac Filter enabled, does this function as one would expect across the entire set of main and slave AIMesh units.

(I make no judgement about why he/she would want to run such an insecure arrangement - I’m sure they have their reasons and are aware of the risks).

StephenH

And what about facebook version with login? Does it work on AIMESH?

I still have a question as to why the email invitation to Beta Test the firmware links to the AIMesh "Official" site:
https://www.asus.com/us/AiMesh/
which has an older version of the firmware.

It doesn't seem to be very efficient to have people beta test older firmware

StephenH
Thank you , yes that was my question in better detail. thank you for the help and yes this home is deep in the country as I don't have to really WORRIE about anyone spoofing my MAC address...
Thanks Stephen H

Am I going crazy... I can't find the AIMesh option anywhere in the router settings page!

Asking the (probably) obvious ... confirming you DO have the beta AIMesh firmware loaded ... from Page 1 of this thread?
You won't see the option on any of the stock firmwares.

StephenH

Asking the (probably) obvious ... confirming you DO have the beta AIMesh firmware loaded ... from Page 1 of this thread?
You won't see the option on any of the stock firmwares.

StephenH
Thanks for the info. You are right, I didn't install the correct firmware. I am waiting for merlin to update his to the AC68U since I use OpenVPN and the stock asus doesn't support apparently. Got my TM-1900 today and was able to flash it to an ac68 in about 10 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!